You must be a financial member of the Toymods Car Club Inc and we expect all members with vehicles on historic or classic registration to display active club level participation, this includes entering our ToyotaFest show each October long weekend.
Failure to do so may result in your registration renewal request being denied.
When enjoying your Historic Registered Vehicle, be it privately or attending Club events, your vehicle is representing our club and linked directly to Toymods via its registration. As such we respectfully request that at all times anyone driving your vehicle must follow the Toymods Code of Conduct which can be found here: Toymods Code of Conduct
Frequently Asked Questions
- What vehicles are eligible for the HVRS Toymods ?
- When can I drive my Historic Registered Vehicle?
- What vehicle movements need to be recorded ?
- How do I apply for or enquire about Historic Vehicle Registration?
- How do I renew my Historic Registration ?
- Toymods Contact Details
- Download links for the Forms
To be eligible, vehicles must be 30 years of age or older.
Vehicles must be as close to original condition as possible, with NO alterations except for safety features such as seat belts and turn indicators or period accessories and options, if desired.
Eligible vehicles must be garaged in NSW.
Historic registered vehicles on the “Old System” can be driven to any official Toymods Car Club meeting, cruise or event. Vehicles may attend any event by other registered car clubs or associations, to which an official written invitation has been received by the Toymods Car Club Inc.
Historic registered vehicles may also be taken for periodic maintenance and/or service runs. These include runs required for vehicle inspection and repair as well as just to keep the vehicle in sound working order.
With prior approval, Historic Registered vehicles may also be used for weddings and formal occasions.
Vehicles on the “60 Day log book trial” can be driven for personal use on 60 days of the year. As per the Logbook text this includes your Maintenance runs. but not your attendance to club events. It is 60 days Personal use.
NOTE: The 60 Day trial is expected to undergo regular changes and updates so please do your best to stay informed of the current rules and legislation. If in doubt check the RMS website or ask your Toymods Plates Registrar. There is a LOT of misinformation circulating about this trial.
All vehicle movements need to be recorded in the vehicle Log Book or the Toymods Historic movement register.
All H plated vehicle’s attending official club events need to log the intended trip in the online Historic Vehicle Movement Form. These are electronically logged and time stamped so are great protection for you should you be pulled over or be involved in an accident.
For vehicles on the traditional H plates scheme all vehicle movements (including Maintenance trips) must be logged via the Toymods Historic Vehicle Movement Form prior to the vehicle journey. The form is located here: Historic Vehicle Movement Form
While we do monitor all forms that get submitted (In real time) we rely on you to evaluate if the journey you are about to take is appropriate. If you are not sure the trip you want to take is appropriate then questions regarding the trips approval can be sent by email or via phone call/SMS. See contact details below.
Owners of vehicles on the 60 day log book trial are allowed an additional 60 Days when it is driven for personal use. They simply need to enter the Vehicle journey in the RMS supplied “Log Book”
# Your Log Book should be completed BEFORE you take the Journey.
# If you are attending a CLUB EVENT then you need to fill in the Movement form, not your log book.
Remember it is you who is ultimately responsible for ensuring you are operating inside the RMS Guidelines for Historic Registration.
TOYMODS HISTORIC VEHICLE REGISTRATION GUIDELINES
Toymods Car Club is recognized by the Roads and Maritime Services as a recognized historic vehicle club for the purposes of endorsement of the following historic vehicle registration schemes:
– Historic Vehicle Scheme (HVRS)
– Historic Vehicle Log Book Trial
Conditions for qualification under these schemes are detailed on the RMS website at the following address:
Historic Vehicle Scheme (HVRS):-
For the purposes of these guidelines, Historic Vehicle Registration shall refer to any of the above schemes unless explicitly defined otherwise. Should a discrepancy exist between the Toymods Car Club guidance and the RMS application guidelines then the RMS guidelines shall be considered authoritative.
TOYMODS HISTORIC VEHICLE GUIDELINES
Toymods car club participates in the RMS historic vehicle registration schemes to facilitate a cost effective means for eligible vehicles to attend official Toymods club events. To this end, it is expected that Club members with Toymods approved historic vehicles participate in Toymods Car Club activities.
For the purposes of historic vehicle registration, the Toymods Car Club provides the following guidelines for qualification and operation of historic vehicles.
a. Historic vehicles must be 30 years of age or older as from the year of manufacture.
b. Eligibility of a vehicle for historic registration is subject to the discretion of the Toymods Car Club Historic Plate Registrar. The Toymods Historic Plate Registrar reserves the right to refuse or rescind approval of historic vehicle registration.
c. Historic vehicles must be as close to original condition as possible, with no alterations except for safety features such as seat belts and turn indicators as compliant with
d. Period accessories and options, if desired, may be permitted. The historic plate registrar may request verification that accessories and options are of a period nature.
e. It is a condition of registration that the applicant is a financial member of the Toymods Car Club. Expiration or cancellation of Toymods Car Club financial membership shall invalidate the historic vehicle registration.
2. Vehicle Road Worthiness
a. The Toymods Car Club historic vehicle registrar does not provide a declaration of road worthiness for vehicles. Applicants are to provide a valid road worthiness certificate (pink slip) for the vehicle on application and annual renewal.
3. Vehicle Use
a. Toymods Car Club values safe driving habits and expects members to operate historic vehicles in a safe and legal manner in accordance with applicable local
road laws. The Toymods Historic Plate Registrar reserves the right to rescind membership and/or historic vehicle registration if the members driving conduct is considered to be contrary to this requirement.
b. It is the responsibility of the vehicle owner to ensure that the vehicle and its use comply with the RMS guidelines.
c. Toymods provides the following guidelines for use of historic vehicles:
i. All vehicle movements but be logged prior to commencement.
ii. Attending Events
• Historic vehicles may be used for the purposes of attending gazetted Toymods Car Club events.
• Historic vehicles can be used for attending events of other recognized clubs or community organizations provided that the event has been sanctioned by the Toymods Car Club.
• Vehicle movements in relation to official gazetted or sanctioned events must be recorded in the official Toymods Historic Vehicle Day Book (Online Vehicle Movement Form).
iii. Servicing and Inspection of Vehicle (Maintenance run)
• Historic vehicles may be used on a road or road related area for servicing within a short distance from their place of garaging or to facilitate inspection of the vehicle.
• Vehicles under the Historic Vehicle Scheme shall record servicing and inspection movements in the official Toymods Historic Vehicle Day Book (Online Vehicle Movement Form).
• Vehicles under the Classic Vehicle Log Book Trial shall record servicing and inspection movements in the vehicles official RMS issued log book.
iv. General Use (Personal Use)
• Vehicles under the Historic Vehicle Scheme are not eligible for general/personal use.
• Vehicles under the Classic Vehicle Log Book Trial shall record general use movements in the vehicles official RMS issued log book.
• Log books allow for up to 60 days of general use (ie maintenance and personal use) per registration year.
• Only one entry per day is required in the vehicles official RMS issued log book, regardless of the number of trips taken that day.