Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota BEANs, Multiplex etc

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota BEANs, Multiplex etc

Quote Originally Posted by cambelt1
    Maybe so , if i get a chance i will plug it into my manual VVti engine and see if it starts ,
    Just found the date is 3/2001 .
    I,ll pull the cover off it but do you have the mpx 1 and 2 pinouts handy
    I will check if they go anywhere inside
    Dave
    Looking at the ECU pins, 4th plug from the left (28 pin plug).

Bottom lower left pins are MPX1 and MPX2 (in that order left -> right).

If that doesn't make sense let me know and I'll mark it on a pic

Cheers
    Wilbo

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Those pins are indeed linked together by a link on the pc board , resistance between the pins is .25 ohms so id say thats enough of a short . a single track then goes off to im not sure where because of the multi layer board .
    Now do i want to check my 6 Speed ECU Hmm i,ll have to get the double earth strap on for that rare one.
    I have both looms if we need to compare anything . What pinouts have you got Will and can you send them to me .
    Dave

Founding ****** Automotive Encyclopaedia Mos's Avatar

Those pins are indeed linked together by a link on the pc board , resistance between the pins is .25 ohms so id say thats enough of a short . a single track then goes off to im not sure where because of the multi layer board .
    MPX1 and MPX2 are linked by a track on all the ECUs I've opened up.
    The presence of MPX doesn't indicate an immobiliser - is that what you were looking for?
    Mos.
    Admin, I.T., Founding Member, Toymods Car Club Inc.
    2000 IS200 Sports Luxury 1UZ-FE VVTi, 1991 MX83 Grande 2JZ-GTE (sold)

Yes im looking for the imobiliser in this ecu but we were just curious on the mpx pins,
    Whats the pins i need to look at .
    This JZS 161 Engine ECU the mpx pins are linked by normal wire link about a inch in from
    the plug pins . I spent a while probing the input resisters but didnt find where it went to .
    Dave

Founding ****** Automotive Encyclopaedia Mos's Avatar

Yes im looking for the imobiliser in this ecu but we were just curious on the mpx pins,
    Whats the pins i need to look at .
    RXCK, CODE, TXCT - they're listed on the diagram wilbo posted - they should be on the 2 row plug (just like the VVTi 1UZ).

This JZS 161 Engine ECU the mpx pins are linked by normal wire link about a inch in from the plug pins.
    Sorry, I should've said "they're connected internally" rather than "linked by a track". On the IS200 cluster they're a track, but I can't remember what they were on the IS200 ECU or the 1UZ ECU.

I spent a while probing the input resisters but didnt find where it went to .
    Yeah, there's not a lot of point tracing them. I spent some time tracing the immobiliser traces on the 1UZ ECU but they disappear into different ICs...

Mos.
    Admin, I.T., Founding Member, Toymods Car Club Inc.
    2000 IS200 Sports Luxury 1UZ-FE VVTi, 1991 MX83 Grande 2JZ-GTE (sold)

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

Didn't anyone discover more about BEAN bus? Sorry for bumping seemingly dead thread.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

p/s I found some bery helpful info (packet format etc etc) in US patent # US2002003781
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

p/p/s complete description costs $24 here Body Electronics Area Network (BEAN)
    I did some research though and would share the results if anyone's interested

Triptek Enhanced Backyard Mechanic triptek's Avatar

I'v been messing around with this the last week wiring up a jzs161 2jzgte vvti in to my jzx100. Mainly to get the aircon to function properly, which i have managed to do by wiring in the jzs161 AC ecu. I also dummy wired in the jzs161 dash cluster just to make sure the multiplex was working. I'v realized that you don't have to wire both mpx1 and mpx2 up. I just have mpx2 from engine ecu going to AC ecu, and it functions correctly including A/C idle up. When i chucked the dash cluster in, that also worked correctly IE: water temp/auto position dash lights/oil pressure etc. It seems the multiplex will still work in a engine conversion with most of the donor vehicles body ecu's missing

I plan on wiring in the body ecu tomorrow, so i can try and get the auto power/normal function to work
    1990 SW20 MR2 turbo Gen III 3S-GTE conversion, 3" exhaust = 264.9rwhp
    1985 JZA61 2JZ-GTE + TO4Z = 442.1rwhp @ 18psi
    1991 JZA70 Limited 2JZ-GTE vvti GTX30/76r
    1994 GZX90 Mark II 1GZ-FE V12
    1980 MA45 Undergoing Restoration

triptek, do you have an opportunity to run a couple tests on the hardware you have? That would require a PC with LPT port, or a serial port, or (best option) an oscilliscope.

I'm now trying to isolate signals for a/c idle up, and pwr/snow on/off to build some emulator to use in engine conversions. I have already figured out the data structure used. If I receive some help here, I would share the info I have.

Bought a book containing the SAE paper mentioned above. Thought it would be nice sharing it.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...VE&usp=sharing

Here's what I could decode from a Celsior (1uz-fe vvti) ECU with nothing conected to it

Can anyone help me out with the CRC field? I have very little idea how to calculate it. None of the 126 possible CRC8 polynoms fit
    Attached Files Attached Files

im trying to find some time to buy a can bus data capture device and try to make something for when fitting ls1 ls2 ls3 motors into late model patrols and other can based vehicles
    once u decifer the can signals in the patrol then maybe one day program something to convert the gm can signal to work on a patrol canbus
    it prob take me 5 years to build

CAN is easier as it's more popular
    I've got a CAN sniffer handy
    it ain't too easy to build the converter you describe as long as you have both vehicles complete for testing

I'm now more focused on the MPX stuff

Dakota digital make units that read obd2 and spits out a tacho pulse and a speedo pulse
    I'm hoping to make something that does the opposite
    I spent hours trying to get tacho parking on a 350z with an ls1 with no luck
    So I need to figure how to get rom into Nissan canbus