Thread: ta22 air con / heater

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default ta22 air con / heater

hey all,

my baby is currently at an auto elec being fixed up after an unfortunate fire.

i was wondering while its there if the ta22 had a proper air con/heater or can one be fitted to its that works well. might as well get it done while its there or do i have to take it to an auto air con place or something.

my old heater is out of the car and badly broken. oh and im running an 18rg.

thanks heaps

Jai

is the bestest Conversion King LeeRoy's Avatar

Default Re: ta22 air con / heater

The GT was optioned with air con and i think you could also get it in some other models as well. However, finding the air con stuff could be quite tricky and even if you do find it you could probably put it in yourself. The wiring for the air con would be quite basic i imagine.

Keep in mind that although the heater is out it is the smallest part of the entire job as you need to run a condenser and compressor along with the air con radiator and all the associated lines. FWIW i've heard of a company that do aftermarket aircon but i can't remember the name. Try looking them up. Other than that i havent heard of anyone using stuff from other cars but that doesnt mean you couldnt be creative and get something from an excel or something small.

- LeeRoy
    Daily Driver: Red Ae93 Project: My TA22 - now with 3s-gte
    D is for Disco, E is for Dancing