Thread: JZX100 Power FC Issue- Fuel Pump Wont Run

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default JZX100 Power FC Issue- Fuel Pump Wont Run

So I have a VVTI 1jzgte from a jzz30 in my 6 speed jza80. I had the car running the stock auto ecu (jzz30 ecu) for years and everything worked fine.

I have since done a turbo upgrade and put in a Power FC (for a MT JXZ100) to run my larger injectors (550cc). The problem I am having is that the Power FC wont run the fuel pump at all.

I have read that jzx100's dont have a variable speed fuel pump controller... I am wondering if this is the issue.

On the stock ECU the pump worked as fine well. We were also able to get the fuel pump to work by bypassing the fuel pump ECU but obviously this is not something I want to have to do. Has any one had this issue or have any advice ?

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Default Re: JZX100 Power FC Issue- Fuel Pump Wont Run

As you have said JZZ30 and JZA80 both use 'Fuel Pump ECUs' and as such the JZZ30 engine ECU was able to control the JZA80 fuel pump ECU fine
    JZX100 uses a COR (Circuit Opening Relay) for the fuel pump control and as such this won't work with the JZA80 fuel pump ECU (as you have also said!)

My advice, I'd use a relay and the Power FC / JZX100 engine ECU 'FC' pin so that +5V is sent to the fuel pump ECU when the FC pin is Grounded and nothing is sent when the FC pin is not Grounded. I.e. connect one side of a relay coil to +B and have the other side of the relay coil triggered by the Power FC, 'FC' fuel pump control pin. Wire the relay so that it switches +5V to the Fuel Pump ECU on the wire that used to connect to the JZZ30 engine ECU FPC pin (the FPC pin connects to the 'pump speed control' input pin of the fuel pump ECU).

I'd use the +5V that powers the TPS, MAP sensors etc as the +5V to send to the fuel pump ECU.

Some info on my wiki that may also help...
    http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...pening%20Relay
    http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...20COR%20Wiring

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: JZX100 Power FC Issue- Fuel Pump Wont Run

Quote Originally Posted by wilbo666 View Post
    As you have said JZZ30 and JZA80 both use 'Fuel Pump ECUs' and as such the JZZ30 engine ECU was able to control the JZA80 fuel pump ECU fine
    JZX100 uses a COR (Circuit Opening Relay) for the fuel pump control and as such this won't work with the JZA80 fuel pump ECU (as you have also said!)

My advice, I'd use a relay and the Power FC / JZX100 engine ECU 'FC' pin so that +5V is sent to the fuel pump ECU when the FC pin is Grounded and nothing is sent when the FC pin is not Grounded. I.e. connect one side of a relay coil to +B and have the other side of the relay coil triggered by the Power FC, 'FC' fuel pump control pin. Wire the relay so that it switches +5V to the Fuel Pump ECU on the wire that used to connect to the JZZ30 engine ECU FPC pin (the FPC pin connects to the 'pump speed control' input pin of the fuel pump ECU).

I'd use the +5V that powers the TPS, MAP sensors etc as the +5V to send to the fuel pump ECU.

Some info on my wiki that may also help...
    http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...pening%20Relay
    http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...20COR%20Wiring

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Thanks Wilbo. Ill let you know how it goes...