Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3T distributor Variable Reluctor sensor

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic J-M kujala's Avatar

Default Re: 3T distributor Variable Reluctor sensor

HI

i have tested bought ways, use Vrout and Vr outinverted to Tsel , also tach select to Vrin have connected., also have try to cut of XG2 XG1 and VR sensor bought ways. tune those potentiometers. measure all parts what can measure, check that VR board is correctly assembled and check connections between parts. check that wiring are connected to the sensor. and sensor will work.

also i got information that VR board and rpm post to wake up when signal wire connected fast to the +5v or ground.... nothing happen. i have change processor to another what have already program for distributor system and that have been work before...

nothing helps, wierd thing is !! there is +5v in signal wire... where the hell that come from, its start to come when Vrout is connected to Tsel , not when VRoutinv is connected to TSEL

just soldering board and try to use toyota OEM Igniter. and try to go in from opto side.

My Friend had Same problem with Porsche 944 and with Bosch VR sensor. we bought have ECU From Diy autotune, but mine is maybe 6 month older. i think we had same problems... maybe later with oscilloscope to check twhere it disappear.. but i do not have it, so want to check if the opto side working.
    - Celica TA-22 -74 2T-G Turbo
    - IQ 1.0 -09
    - Lexus IS250 -06

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

J-M kujala,
    I built my MS2 V3 all by myself and to be honest I never really adjust any pots from the package from DIYAutotune. At first I fired up the engine with MS3 V2 in "Fuel only", I left the distributor and the toyota igniter do the sparks and just connected "Pin #2" to -coil only.
    Once its all fired up and be able to tweak with the idling fuel map, only then I connected Pin 36 to -coil and disconnect the wire from the Toyota Igniter and run a 1K ohm resistor across it.
    The diagram below is what I did to my wiring

This trick should work with any dumb ignitor, not nessesary must be Toyota ignitor.

Hope that help.

Cheers
    CHB

Thanks. i Will Go with Mallory Hy-Fire / Summit CDI ignition box, so my connections are littlebit different. also got 2 of those original igniters and one older 2TGEU igniter, so i have igniters what to use.

i got signal with 1K resistor with original ignitor, try to spin it with drill also, work fine at this time. also solder those spark output parts to VB921 and Fan control transistor etc.

Engine where to install these is N/A "2T" 2100cc stroke is 86m, bore 88mm with throttle bodies.
    - IQ 1.0 -09
    - Lexus IS250 -06

HI problem solved with Friend @ oscilloscope.

VR sensor give to weak duty to to VR Board in starting RPM . same happen with battery drill. there is not enough RPM , with electric drill what had higher rpm it wake up life. those VR adjusting potentiometers do not help enough, so some modifacation to Board is needed when use 3TC original sensor straight,

Maybe some recistor and capacitor had to change to get it work, but its possible. but it will had to do with oscilloscope. after modification it maybe wont work anymore with like 36-1 generic wheel.

that toyota sensor just like high RPM...
    - IQ 1.0 -09
    - Lexus IS250 -06

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

what gap do you have between the sensor and tooth - a low Voltage signal suggests it's too wide? Adjust it down to a very small gap (0.3 to 0.6mm) and see if you get an improved signal.

fwiw: the 22RE sensor I was using happily worked at very low rpms (e.g. 150rpm cranking). When setup right, they produce a sizable peak voltage (50-100V but very low amps) at high engine rpm.

Also - was it a clean signal?
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

YES it works nicely in low Rpm with igniter... but not with megasquirt VR board.

gap was like just hitting , that was best..

signal was pure clean, cant be better.

So the conclusion was go with igniter or start to modificate MS VR Board
    - IQ 1.0 -09
    - Lexus IS250 -06