Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Cruise to Wollombi Tavern - Sat 23rd March

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Default Re: Cruise to Wollombi Tavern - Sat 23rd March

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    Picking a couch up today. Im out
    Still should have come, we were a little short on numbers....

4 cars is still a huge cruise though, right?
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

was an awesome cruise, many k's of twisties and a magnificent day to be out and about. Sucks about the headache I had which kinda spoilt my day a little. Sill throbbing and looking like it is turning into a migraine. Gonna need lots of sleep in a dark room

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

Wollombi Cruise - Event Report.

A sunny warm morning greeted those who came along to the meet point at The Ettamogah Hotel. 3 Cars in total turned up, Myself in my newly lowered Celica, Gold28 in Frosty and Mynameisrodney in his MR2 with his better half in tow (sorry I'm hopless with names)

Shameless pick of Ella after swapping out the suspension yesterday. Very keen to test on some twisty roads.

We left the meet point at 9.35 and headed out along Windsor Road in convoy turning off towards Wisemans ferry for the first section of twisties comming down into Wisemans itself. Good run up until the last stretch with a bit of slow traffic keeping the pace below the speed limit. Onto the ferry, where I forgot the Celica is now lowered, a look in the rear vision mirror indicated that Gold28 has done this before with some angled entry to the ferry.

Pics from the ferry ride.

Gold28 in Frosty

mynameisrodney and missus in the MR2

Next stop was the meet point for the central coast guys (guy) heading along Wisemans Ferry Road to Central Mangrove. Some nice twisty sections towards the Central mangrove end, and Metallica comming up on the playlist meant some distance was put between myself and the others temporarily whilst the suspension got a workout.

We pulled in at the Central Mangrove meetpoint to find Hiro sitting in a bus shelter waiting for our arrival and his Corolla waiting for a run in the background. We stayed there for 5 min to stretch the legs grab some pics and the headed directly to Wollombi Tavern.

Central Mangrove Meet point

The road from Central Mangrove to Wollombi was a nice scenic flowing road, and in 45 min we were arriving a Wollombi Tavern for some food. To be honest the place looked kind of dodgy when you walked in, but food looked really good. Gold28 had a hamburger quite unlike anything I've seen served outside of the US. We finished our food and discussed the options for the trip back to Sydney, and it was decided that we would head back by way of the F3 and Old Pac.

Parking at Wollombi

We headed out towards Cessnock and bit farewell to Hiro as we turned right to head back South. Other than a Minor detour, the trip on the F3 was uneventful, but I must say, I haven't done the Old Pac in donkeys and it was a very nice bit of road in a Car that actually goes around corners. May have to do that again.

All in all, a long day, 350km Home to home for me, but a good day out on the road.

Random photo from the windscreen mount.

Cheers
    Simon

All in all
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lambolica View Post
    Wollombi Cruise - Event Report.
    I think there should be a mention in the official report about how Harreh doesn't know how to read a calendar...
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

There should be many.

Harreh can't read a calender, River doesn't like bumps, Vito is whipped etc etc
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

River doesn't like bumps
    I thought it was potholes?

Come to think of it, that is probably the best condition I've seen General Downes Drive/Great North Road in (especially now that most of the old bridges have been bypassed)...
    Wollombi Rd to Cessnock, on the otherhand, was as crap as ever.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Would have liked to do this but had an Outrigger race on at Patonga yesterday at 11 so sort of threw things out a bit. Did take the AW up there though and did some sections of the old Pac on way up and back. Almost had 3 hood ornaments on the way up, coming around a long sweeping corner doing 80 in an 80 zone and 3 cyclists 3 wide just about stopped while they were talking to each other. lucky no cars were coming and the Aw handles so good and swerved out and in around them . Got the finger for my efforts though. Perhaps he would have preferred being dead?

River isn't afraid of pot........holes.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

I'm watching this thread yanno?

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer mynameisrodney's Avatar

Thanks for the great day guys, it was good to get the mr2 out for a good run, it's been a while. I'm glad I decided to come with you guys on the old pac rather than sticking to the F3 the whole way home, that was pretty much a perfect run with no traffic.

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

So what your saying is that as per the last Cruise (Lost Racetracks) Only Board members turned up to cruise from Sydney.....

And people wonder why no one wants to organise events.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder wiso's Avatar

i think my car always knows when there is a cruise on, every time a cruise comes up I want to go on, the car runs fine, then a couple of days before the cruise it always has some major issue that requires urgent attention. The lost race tracks cruise I also wanted to go on but I think the day before it decided to rip its CV boots off, so day of the cruise I spent repairing it.

Its a little sad to see not many people going on club cruises these day, seems to be a growing trend for clubs though, each MR2 club cruise seems to only get about 4 each outing.
    89' MR2 AW11... His
    00' MR2 ZZW30... Hers

Quote Originally Posted by wiso View Post
    i think my car always knows when there is a cruise on, every time a cruise comes up I want to go on, the car runs fine, then a couple of days before the cruise it always has some major issue that requires urgent attention. The lost race tracks cruise I also wanted to go on but I think the day before it decided to rip its CV boots off, so day of the cruise I spent repairing it.
    That's why I always drive the Corolla. Even though the Soarer is a much more comfortable car for the drive down and much more powerful in the fast twisty stuff, the Corolla just runs day in day out without so much as a flutter.

Original Trendsetter Chief Engine Builder Harreh's Avatar

There should be many.

Harreh can't read a calender, River doesn't like bumps, Vito is whipped etc etc
    Hah I didnt even see Hiros response saying there was still time to leg it down until it was way too late. My apologies gents

AW11 Turbo build

1UZ Soarer Turbo build
    Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery

Subaru clubs seem to do well, there was crap loads of them clogging up the webb creek ferry on sunday. Maybe its just toyota owners are slackers.

Wiso, next event we will organise it 2 weeks earlier than planned so you can attend. :-)