Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 9th of November!!

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 9th of November!!

you still got the ST185 Matt? Getting that running could be an option... not that the IS-F is a bad option though...
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    Edit: Just checked the forecast - 13 to 19, and "Cloudy. A few showers and the chance of a thunderstorm. Light winds becoming westerly 15 to 20 km/h during the afternoon."
    So considering the history,
    there will be a wind chill factor of about -15, completely overcast & bucketing down with rain...

Maybe I should leave the rally tyres on, at least then I may get some grip on the track and not slide so far when I'm off it.
    I'd seriously consider getting the street tyres fitted to the 15s, but I need the rally tyres again for Sunday.

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Nah, sold the Group A quite a while ago Dylan
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    awesome, i wont get home till 6pm so i might send you a PM with my number to catch up to you on the way or something...
    Sounds good, I would like to think I'll be on the road by 7:00 give or take so chances are we will be neck and neck by the time I get on the Hume.
    So Friday night......... should we have a vote? Probably should have some idea of what to do.

But yeah, more rain lol

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

I'm out sorry lads Have a good day out, fingers crossed you get better weather than recent track events.......
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Junior Member Conversion King Drifty Midship's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whatthe? View Post
    Nah, sold the Group A quite a while ago Dylan
    The ST185 will be represented in spirit with one it's old driveshafts I got off you in my car.

Does look like its going to be a wet one, which sucks cause my car has no wipers anymore. I'll drown it inside and out with Rainex and hope for the best.
    I'd better plug some of the holes in the floor also or could get wet feet.
    AW11 - 1988 Red ADM 4AGZE conversion +
    MZW11 - 1987 Track car - "Ag-Spec Racing 1" - 1MZ powered AW11
    ST246 - 2002 Caldina GT-Four 'N-Edition'
    MS65 - 1973 Bash Car bash.skyracing.tv/

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

I like the cut of your jib drifty. I actually have wipers, but they contain blades of questionable effectiveness. I have had replacement blades with me the last 2-3 track days but am yet to fit them. When it's raining heaps they are still reasonably effective. But i don't have holes in the floor. I do in my hatch though, where the wiper used to be.

I'll confirm thursday at the pelican as it suits us getting there late, and check out a few places in town for the 6 of us; the pelican just won't be that cheap if we need a second cabin.

Oh the important bit i came here to tell you all - take care in your cars out there for the next couple of days, we've just had our second car bent after Phil's Z. Mick's new Evo 6 (had it less than 2 weeks) just got turned left into by a truck this morning. Just managed to plant it in time so took it in the rear door rather than the drivers. But he's out, and the car's future is unclear. Which is not cool, because this purchase was a saga of epic proportions and i'm just not up for repeating it with him any time soon.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Well Garth, I suggest you don't go backwards then. I used a rubber grommet from an auto parts shop to plug the hole in the glass. Total cost: 50c

Juggling the pelican is really starting to get too hard. So he's had a death or illness in the family and been away so i've been talking to the wife and leaving messages or waiting for answers back from him via her - it's resulted in a lot of stuffing around for the last week or more and me not having final numbers till this week never helps.

Anyway, long story short, there isn't a cabin available for thursday and there's a minimum spend of $250 to open up the lodge. Have been waiting to hear if they'd knock it down for us because we only wanted a cabin but it's a no. For that we get two of the apartments so it's not terrible, but it's an extra $10 per person. So i'd lined them up for both nights and been waiting to hear back on how much less they're going to give the second night to us for.

And the answer is, no discount. So choice is;

Pelican both nights for $46, or
    Goulburn Central Motor Inn for $53.

So, pelican gives us 2 apartments in the bunkhouse and convenience to the track - and the bonfire.
    In town gives us 3 rooms, but street parking for trailers and all of us if the carpark is full when we get there. But close to food+beer.

I realise making this a democracy and asking what people want to do creates more work for me, but i'm happy to take on board any major preferences either way. I think i'm actually leaning towards the pelican both nights now that i've had some time to cool down off the frustrations. Not sure why i've made this so difficult for myself this time but i've been getting the shits with the pelican for a while now and each time i consider staying elsewhere. I do like the convenience though. Fuck.

So you lot can decide for me; I've currently booked in town instead of the pelican, but happy to change it back if that's what people want? If i'm changing it i really want to do it later tonight, or first thing in the morning. Thoughts?
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

+1 for pelican. I think we'd annoy people in a hotel wiith the noise made on a friday nght
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

Motor lodge is the one with the restaurant op top yeah, main drag, opposite a bank?
    Yeah stayed there before for work, apparently its the best motel in town........ take that as you will. Its alright, restaurant has awesome steak and a cute waitress

Pelican is good though, probably a bit more relaxed as everyone can sit around with fire and beer which is what we want?
    The nightlife and pubs are shit anyway, its either the Workers, that one on the corner or the Flamingo.

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Wow, the Flaming Dingo still exists? We used to go there back in the day on occasions, just for something different when the Canberra clubs got same same. Sucked for the designated driver of the night to have to haul drunk-asses out to Goulburn after midnight
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Junior Member Conversion King Drifty Midship's Avatar

I'm staying in a Wakefield Park Cabin on Thursday night, might just see if we can go again in there for Friday.
    AW11 - 1988 Red ADM 4AGZE conversion +
    MZW11 - 1987 Track car - "Ag-Spec Racing 1" - 1MZ powered AW11
    ST246 - 2002 Caldina GT-Four 'N-Edition'
    MS65 - 1973 Bash Car bash.skyracing.tv/

At the track?

Those things are exxy compared to next door yeah?

So are we leaning towards the pelican for both nights then?
    Toymods Club Member