Thread: Car alarm wiring - Black widow BW10000

Frontyard Programmer Backyard Mechanic davedave's Avatar

Default Car alarm wiring - Black widow BW10000

Post also in the old forums....

Anyways, finally doing the alarm (black widow bw10000) and I have a few questions for the black widow gurus (Witzl, I'm looking at you ).

1) What's the adjustable screw thing on the side of the box? pre-warn sensor sensitivity (shock sensitivity)?
    2) What's the black and red singular wire that comes off the same side as the screw? Is this another (3rd) grounding wire or something like a -ve once armed (I'd love it to be so I can hook up my old power window module). - If it is just another earth wire, what do you usually connect the power window module to?
    3) With the 2 immobiliser pairs of wires (2 x 2 wires), do these just provide continuity when the alarm is disabled? ie, do I just cut the ignition and starter wires and bridge each of them with one of the alarms pairs?
    4) I read somewhere that I can sort of bypass the alarms central locking relays to use my existing ones by grounding the fused wires and connecting the yellow and white wires up to where my old alarm used to control them by, and the third wire for each the lock and unlock relay doesn't get used at all. Does this sound right? My old alarm just used to have two wires for this (no relays), one wire for lock and one wire for unlock.

The instructions are very lacking that come with the alarm, and there seems to be very little knowledge on the net about it.

Thanks again in advance.

Dave

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

Default Re: Car alarm wiring - Black widow BW10000

Dave,

the instructions with the BW10000 are far from lacking, if you know what you are doing

1/ If this is on the main unit - DONT TOUCH IT. I cannot remember if the BW10k has an external shock sensor.... can you please post a pic of all the components included to jog my memory?

2/ This is the antenna for the remote controls - DONT EARTH IT

3/ The two wires provide continuity when the immobiliser is DEACTIVATED, meaning that for each immobilising "pair" you cut a single wire (ignition, starter, fuel pump etc) and attach one wire from the pair to one side of the cut, and the other to the other

4/ Kinda, but more explanation is needed. For each of the central locking outputs on the BW10k, you have a "changeover" relay contact set.
    NO - normally open
    NC - normally closed
    C - common

Connect the NO wires of both lock and unlock to earth, and the two 'C' wires become your negative trigger central locking outputs - one is lock, the other unlock.

NOTE - by the sounds of things you dont entirely know what you are doing, but have half an idea. With an alarm like the BW10k to be as good as it's features, the installation needs to be good. I recommend waiting until the new year and contacting me to book a visit.
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Thanks mate, very much appreciated!!!
    The one question you missed out though, but I think I'll have it a little play, is a negative output once armed, so I can hook up my existing window rollerupperer module. But that's ok, I'll have a play around and see how I go.

You're almost correct when you say that I don't entirely know what I'm doing, I would actually say that I barely know what I'm doing . But I had about this much of an idea when I started my 3SGTE conversion and that's now running quite well and I've learnt an absolute shiteload, both from my own errors and people kind enough to help.

Waiting till new year is not really an option, I need the alarm for insurance (shannons) and I need the car to visit my mum for christmas in the country. Not to mention I've been doing this conversion for over a year now, and I just want to drive the thing =).

Thanks again, you're a champ!

If I can get in to the engineer this week, I might see you on monday with my SW11 =)

Cheers,
    Dave

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

BW10k does have a "negative when armed" output - but knowing which is the right one is the tricky part.

I would leave out the window winders for now, unless you know precisely how you should hook them up.

Just reviewing my schedule... i *might* have a couple of hours early next week where i could do something.... but you'd have to get the car to my place
    ...... butt scratcher?!

I'll see how I go with it tonight, if all goes well, I might still book some time with you in the future to have a bit of a review. My missus wants to see the back of this thing, so the quicker I can get it done, the more brownie points I can salvage =)

What you've said so far makes perfect sence, I should be pretty right. The instructions that come with it explain what each wires main function is for, and I suppose if I thought about it a bit more, I might be able to figure it out.

Most wires though are input, the only one that really specifies that is negative when armed is the "starter" wire. Which I'm using an external relay on to either cut fuel or starter. I just have to suss out whether using that also will have negative effects with the existing viper window module.

I'll get there in the end, it just takes me a little longer and a little bit of help =)

Cheers,
    Dave