Hi all

I have an AE93 SX (with the redtop) and quite frankly, its AAV/IACV needs a bit of attention . I had a search through a whole heap of threads and someone recommended using Subaru Upper Engine Cleaner to clean the IACV.
The method they specified involved spraying it down the hose that goes from the intake piping down to the IACV, letting it sit (so that the cleaner could do its work I presume) then starting it up and spraying more down there while the motor was held at 4000rpm.

My question is, is this safe? Looking at a diagram of the 4AGE IACV that I have, it looks like you could spray stuff down there without it contaminating the coolant lines, but I want to hear from someone who's had to clean one. What else could you use to clean it if this method works? (cause I have some carby cleaner leftover from cleaning my throttle body a few weeks ago)

The reason why I'm asking about this method is that if I can clean the IACV without having to remove those stubborn hoses, I'd be VERY happy indeed.

Any advice would be very greatly appreciated .