Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the EBAY manifold design/picture thread (sorting the crap from the not so crap)

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

Default the EBAY manifold design/picture thread (sorting the crap from the not so crap)

hey guys,

1stly, i know they are rubbish, and cannot compare to a well built custom manifold

but alot of us have used them, and will continue to use them, so lets get this going to help sort the reasonable ebay manis from the absolute rubbish manis!

this is what i got for $230 deilvered......(which is completely different to the mani that was described or was in the pictures....will be returned)
    PROBLEMS:
    alot of swaft left over in runners from diegrinding/ cleaning the welds (turbo deadly)
    t4 flange instead of t3
    mig welded with tig over the top (to make it look pretty)
    will put up link for the mani when i find it.

heres a a couple of pics of what i recieved in the mail,

Last edited by IN 05 NT; 10-01-2009 at 12:31 PM.

......... Carport Converter jeffro ra28's Avatar

Default Re: the EBAY manifold design/picture thread (sorting the crap from the not so crap)

Atleast the manifold plate actually lines up somewhat with the runer tubing.... Iv seen alot worse.

tilting at windmills Carport Converter Ben Wilson's Avatar

Default Re: the EBAY manifold design/picture thread (sorting the crap from the not so crap)

If that fits on the car, a little work with a die grinder a cleaning up inside and it might well be OK. For $230, you really can't complain about that.

Do you have the link to the auction?
    Strange things are afoot at the circle K

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Here's one I bought a year or two ago, to suit a 2JZ-GTE and T4-style turbo. From memory it cost me a bit over $200. It's one of the best eBay manifolds I've seen, the whole thing is constructed out of very thick material, flanges are properly cut and the welds look fairly decent. It's been in the car for a while now and so far zero problems.

Gearwhore. Backyard Mechanic

Cheap RB20/25 Manifold one of my friends bought, cracked in a day or two. Took it off, welded up cracks, straightened it out. Put it back on, a couple of days later it cracked again. Once again, welded up and straightened, now I'm trying to flog it off as he got another manifold.

Junior Member Carport Converter Z2TT's Avatar

Norbie which brand is your one?
    Can you remember which Ebay shop you bought it from?

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

Norbie's looks a lot like mine (except mine doesn't have the little bracing plates on it)

put it on over a year ago.. still going strong. awesome value for money
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic jzk25's Avatar

With the JZ manifolds you will find that the split pulse versions are always a lot tidier than the 6-1 versions. Just Jap sell the manifolds that look like Norbie's.

The worst "ebay" manifold I ever got was from Just Jap but it was an X force brand and cost $750. It was for a GTR and was so badly made it was completely unusable. You would think that the X force branding and subsequent MASSIVE markup that comes with it would ensure better quality. Not so. I replaced it with a manifold from Npower and it was a work of art, by any standards, and cost about $300.

Lottery.

Olde mechanic Carport Converter oldeskewltoy's Avatar

AE86/4AGE header.... P.O.S. from what I've been told! Poor fitment is the major issue.

Information is POWER... learn the facts!!

......... Carport Converter jeffro ra28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jzk25
    With the JZ manifolds you will find that the split pulse versions are always a lot tidier than the 6-1 versions. Just Jap sell the manifolds that look like Norbie's.

The worst "ebay" manifold I ever got was from Just Jap but it was an X force brand and cost $750. It was for a GTR and was so badly made it was completely unusable. You would think that the X force branding and subsequent MASSIVE markup that comes with it would ensure better quality. Not so. I replaced it with a manifold from Npower and it was a work of art, by any standards, and cost about $300.

Lottery.

I can second that, i got an X force evo manifold that was grosely overpriced. The manifold holes where already 3 sizes oversize and wouldnt bolt to the head flange. Then the 4 bolt turbo stud pattern wouldnt match the stock turbo it was a few MM's out.......POS.

Quote Originally Posted by Z2TT
    Norbie which brand is your one?
    Can you remember which Ebay shop you bought it from?
    Sorry I can't recall. Does my eBay account keep purchasing information from a couple of years ago? If so I'll look it up.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

I dont think it does- but if you kept your ebay messages from then (within the eBay system, not your own email) it will show you the seller's shop name.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic gixer's Avatar

This is a chinese copy of an AE86 4ag turbo manifold.

They sell for cheaper than the genuine article on ebay.

They don't have the HKS serial number cast in them, I would imagine they also use a different composition of metal than the HKS version.

But to look at, it looks exactly the same.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie
    Sorry I can't recall. Does my eBay account keep purchasing information from a couple of years ago? If so I'll look it up.
    Paypal does if that helps ?

Rep points are for those who feel inadequate in other areas !

After digging through my email I found the eBay shop I bought my manifold, but it appears to be defunct:

http://shop.ebay.com.au/merchant/aus...Q_fromZQQ_mdoZ

No brand name mentioned in the email, only that it's a "2JZGTE/7MGTE turbo manifold intercooler VL".