Thread: starter relay help

jay zee zee thir tee Carport Converter HAVABEER's Avatar

Default starter relay help

hey fella's i need to put a starter relay into my 3s-ge, where do i actually get the relay from?? i know this was covered on the old forums but cant seam to find the thread again.

if anyone can tell me where to get it from and how to wire it up properly that would be cool, or if anyone can post a link from the old forums?? thanks heaps
    As they say in the book, assembly is the reverse of dismantling, but slower cos you forgot where all the bits are

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: starter relay help

Quote Originally Posted by HAVABEER
    hey fella's i need to put a starter relay into my 3s-ge, where do i actually get the relay from?? i know this was covered on the old forums but cant seam to find the thread again.

if anyone can tell me where to get it from and how to wire it up properly that would be cool, or if anyone can post a link from the old forums?? thanks heaps
    ahh.. any decent 30-40amp relay should eb fine.. NOT a horn type relay (ie K-mart specail jobby, althought hat will also work)

perhaps nick one from a toyota at a wrecker

connect it up like a relay, with the original wire to starter as the trigger for the relay, and fused power from battery being switched to the solenoid.

as for diagrams.. there must be some around...
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!