Thread: dellow 2jz kit.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default dellow 2jz kit.

I recently purchased a kit from dellow before hearing any bad comments about there work, when the kit arrived i went about fitting flywheel, bellhousing and trying clutch race and fork for fit up.
    Everything fitted perfectly, the kit i ordered was to suit 2jz to w58 or g52.

i got the flywheel made as a blank as i wonted to get a clutch made locally to suit my requirments.

All in all am quite happy with dellow kit, did pay through the nose for it tho.

some pics of kit bolted up with w58

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

Default Re: dellow 2jz kit.

How much was it?

You do realise its all available new from Toyota for probably less.
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

That bellhousing looks no where near as neat and nice as a brand new Toyota one.

It is also a LOT bigger in the top section which means that the effort required to change the gearbox in car is very much higher that what it would be I had a Toyota one! (I have to unbolt the engine mounts, jack the front of the engine, and then jack the engine to the drivers side to get enough clearance to get the gearbox in...and that is after moving a brake line, a fuel line and bashing the tunnel somewhat!).

The clutch fork (that I had anyway), looked pretty dang rough...and huge...

The mounting points for the slave cylinder don't fit the stock Toyota slave cylinder (annoying in my case, prbly a non event in yours...).

I also hear dellow flywheels weight a very large amount.....

If you mean it is good in the fact that it is a big piece of alloy that allows you to bolt the gearbox up to the engine, then yes, I guess you're right. It does allow you to bolt the gearbox up...

Myself, I'd be using the proper Toyota parts (bellhousing, clutch fork, slave) and an aftermarket cromoly flywheel (such that GT gets made up), and I have a dellow one (It came with my engine, I sure as hell wouldn't have paid money for it!)

Cheers
    Wilbo

Quote Originally Posted by CrUZida
    How much was it?

You do realise its all available new from Toyota for probably less.
    did look into that option.

Paid $1200 for bell housing, flywheel and bolts, spigot bearing, release bearing and race, fork and pivot, slave cylinder and pushrod.

i new this was rich, but i wanted to not have to wait and waste time searching for pieces everwhere.

I thought i got a reasonable deal on motor and auto, 3500 with unused mocrotech ltx12s configured for 2jz, so money lost of gearbox conversion gained on engine and comp.

Jeebus!

For about $800 you could have gotten a genuine Toyota bellhousing and a custom billet flywheel.
    Peewee
    2013 86 GTS

Quote Originally Posted by wilbo666
    That bellhousing looks no where near as neat and nice as a brand new Toyota one.

It is also a LOT bigger in the top section which means that the effort required to change the gearbox in car is very much higher that what it would be I had a Toyota one! (I have to unbolt the engine mounts, jack the front of the engine, and then jack the engine to the drivers side to get enough clearance to get the gearbox in...and that is after moving a brake line, a fuel line and bashing the tunnel somewhat!).

The clutch fork (that I had anyway), looked pretty dang rough...and huge...

The mounting points for the slave cylinder don't fit the stock Toyota slave cylinder (annoying in my case, prbly a non event in yours...).

I also hear dellow flywheels weight a very large amount.....

If you mean it is good in the fact that it is a big piece of alloy that allows you to bolt the gearbox up to the engine, then yes, I guess you're right. It does allow you to bolt the gearbox up...

Myself, I'd be using the proper Toyota parts (bellhousing, clutch fork, slave) and an aftermarket cromoly flywheel (such that GT gets made up), and I have a dellow one (It came with my engine, I sure as hell wouldn't have paid money for it!)

Cheers
    Wilbo
    I will refrase that comment then: The kit is good for my application as everything i wanted came from one supplier and fitted, the flywheels is a little fat- adds to the torque

Official Off Topic KING! Conversion King stradlater's Avatar

So how does one go about sourcing one from Toyota then Cruzida?
    Facebook | LinkedIn

1976 RA23 Celica - 1UZFTE ???rwkw - Earlier: 11.6 @ 116.9mph But Now: ??
    2014 Aston Martin V12 Vantage S Coupe - 421kW 0-100 3.1.....
    2005 Mercedes Benz SLK 350 - 200kW...

One finds a friend who can get trade and orders a bellhousing from a 1994/5 NA JZA80.
    I'm sure the part number would be written somewhere on Toymods.
    I've never ordered one so I wouldn't know the number (or if its written down)

Then you find a wrecking RA65 or so and get the fork/slave/pivot/release carrier etc.
    Peewee
    2013 86 GTS

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

As cruz said, JZA80 NA bellhousing, Black supra had the part numbers on part of Norbies site where he did a write up of the install (which was good )

Clutch fork from an RA6X / SA6X / MA61 / MA70 should be ok ?

Get the slave clyinder new...SA63 or MA61 (RA65 is on the wrong side it won't fit). $2x brand new...

Cheers
    Wilbo

Estranged Member Chief Engine Builder mullett's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2jizzle
    I will refrase that comment then: The kit is good for my application as everything i wanted came from one supplier and fitted, the flywheels is a little fat- adds to the torque
    Not to have a go, I'm sure it's a typo, but a heavy flywheel doesn't add to the torque per-se....

RM.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic M.J.H's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mullett
    Not to have a go, I'm sure it's a typo, but a heavy flywheel doesn't add to the torque per-se....

RM.

Yeah I was wondering about that comment myself.

Gobble, Gobble! Automotive Encyclopaedia mrshin's Avatar

It IS one of the better efforts I've seen from Dellow.

It's all very much relative though...

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic DLA11D's Avatar

I found dellow helpful when i rang them. Although they didn't have what i needed (its all soughted now). They were more surprise of what i was trying to attempt, and explained that it never had even crossed their mind. I wouldn't be suprise if they have adopted my irregular engine install and are working on a kit for it.