Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 1G Single turbo donor playoff

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Post Re: 1G Single turbo donor playoff

Quote Originally Posted by JustCallMeFrank
    BAM, that's what I wanna hear
    hehe went like a sh*t of a shanghai to, wouldnt allow me to have traction in first at all, or second, finally hooked up in 3rd gear after a nice chirp. Never had the chance to run it before i sold it though unfortuantly so i cant give an indication on how good this setup went with the stock ecu, but it had no problems running with the stock ecu either. But it was wa quicker than lets say new 6l ls2 dunnydore esp up top to give some sort of indication. As i said all for the cost of under 2k for the conversion alsong as you want to do the hard work

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

Default Re: 1G Single turbo donor playoff

Wow! That means theoretically there is still mucho room for improvement with an aftermarket ECU. Good times! Thanks for the info. Have an avatar
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

i had a ems dual sport to run on it, but never got round to refitting it after i engineered the car, and yes the car was 100 precent legal with the single turbo and fromt mount intercooler, aslong as i ran the stock airbox.

Frank if i were to have an avitar unfortuanly it would have to be an xr6turbo as thats wat i wat i own now instead of the celica. Its very slow comparitive atm LOL

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

Haha, it's your choice. Part of the bonus of contributing to the forums
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

yeh its been a while since i made a post on here, couple of months to be exact but this forum is still the only forum out there that actually is based upon techinical discussion rather than BS

Junior Member Grease Monkey Mr Multivalve's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pube
    Did you get my manifold??
    Hey yeah I got it last week and it is the goods for sure, I thought I sent you a pm after I got it. If not then oops my bad...

Fattony that setup sounds good, I will be running stock ecu setup as well with low boost to see what the injectors can handle safely. My new turbo may not come on boost as quick as that but should do the trick anyways.
    Corona Creed:
    Good to Drink, Great to Drive, keep them separate to stay Alive!

i found that the gen1 ecu happily handled 15psi without any signs of lean out in every condition i put it through, i wouldnt want to push much more out of it though i did have a malpassi reg on my car also which kept things well on the safe side of it, if i had of gotten around to checking afrs i would have been able to squeeze more out of it or adjust the afm to get some really good afrs running, but she ran sweet, no problems with idle or excess fuel pissing out the exhaust so i think all in all i had the combo setup sweet. If you were running a gen 3 ecu i should think you might be able to get a little more out of it as the gen 3 squiters are a bit bigger than 1 or 2. But do yourself a favour and get a rising rate reg, for the 130 dollars its a real good insurnace policy if your playing with turbos.

Quote Originally Posted by Fattony
    i found that the gen1 ecu happily handled 15psi without any signs of lean out in every condition i put it through, i wouldnt want to push much more out of it though i did have a malpassi reg on my car also which kept things well on the safe side of it, if i had of gotten around to checking afrs i would have been able to squeeze more out of it or adjust the afm to get some really good afrs running, but she ran sweet, no problems with idle or excess fuel pissing out the exhaust so i think all in all i had the combo setup sweet. If you were running a gen 3 ecu i should think you might be able to get a little more out of it as the gen 3 squiters are a bit bigger than 1 or 2. But do yourself a favour and get a rising rate reg, for the 130 dollars its a real good insurnace policy if your playing with turbos.
    I will be running it on low boost and getting it on the dyno straight away so I have an idea of how she is handling the extra air flow.
    Corona Creed:

i wouldnt concern yourself to much with it, i ran mine for over 6 months and pulled the plugs checked em and not a hint of detoantion, as i said pressure reg for a insurance policy aswell as being able to get more out of the stock ecu.

I got my turbo the other day but it was the smaller version of what I ordered, still good for 430hp(KKR 430) will just be more responsive I hope.
    Corona Creed: