Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Friday 4th August

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Friday 4th August - This Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by wagonist
    Anyone know somewhere I can get Koni inserts rebuilt?
    Heasmans, on the Princes Hwy at sydenham. They do all sorts of custom suspension and steering stuff, oz agents for bilstein. Talk to doug if he's around, good bloke, (i know his daughters ) They get pretty busy, but if you're not in a rush and want it done right definately have a word with them, best if you can drop in late or early one day and chat.

www.heasmans.com.au

I've got the brakes and suspension, its mainly setup that's hurting me. I've got adjustable konis, swaybars and strut tops, with springs and poly bushes, and the superstrut brakes with good fluid and pads, i've just gone the wrong direction with some of it, or too far.

First on the list is winding some of my 2.2deg or so of neg camber back out, and softening the rear swaybar off a notch. Also, the brakes weren't quite as 'fresh' as they could be, i think a new master cylinder and possibly lines will be going in soon; i shouldn't be having to bleed my brakes every track day or 2. And when i do, the fluid (that may be only 2 months and 2 track days old) is dirty and full of crud. I don't think my original 1989 spec braking system (inboard of calipers) is keeping up with the track punishment.

I think damien might be onto something with that seat idea, esp considering the front left mount on mine is busted due to too much right-hand wakefield action.

Ah well, fun and games...
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

10 25 Jack Jack Celica S1 1:13.3430

Insert Justen for Jack on that lap (and the next fastest...and again..)
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Geez, this could get nasty real quick. Anybody else want to point out they were faster than the owner when they drove?

Oh, by the way finney, that 1.23 was you, i was only driving your car in that non-timed session. I was definately getting it round quicker than that.
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

I thought those may have been that laps you were behind the wheel but I wasn't sure

and Steve, it's a bit hard to say all could see was my headlights bouncing up and down, as the Federal Highway has a shocking corrugated road surface and every car has that issue along there though you do feel it more with the coilovers. Most everyday driving if fine though

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Garth, why do you need to back off your rear swaybar? Are you getting oversteer?
    I've got an 18mm adjustable one (at full stiff) on the back of mine with the stock front bar (half the reason it cocks a rear wheel as I've got stuff all droop).
    FWDs need a stiff bar on the back to stop the car leaning onto the outside rear, which then in turn help keep the inside front on the ground so you can drive out of a corner.

My rear bar is probably a bit too stiff, but I attribute some of that to the poor custom mounts on the struts (my car didn't come with a rear bar at all from Toyota), which I want redone when the inserts come out. But I do want to upgrade the front one, which should negate the rear being too stiff.

Dylan, because the Federal Highway is like that, along with a lot of roads I drive on, is the reason I don't want to go coilovers. I might go with something thats Aussie built, but I won't be going anything from Japan or Europe. Their roads are way smoother than ours. Audi is copping a bit of flak for just leaving the German suspension in.
    Just my opinion.

Forum Sponsor Carport Converter TurboRA28's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Friday 4th August

Finally got the vid camera working through the PC. good old SP2.

Anyhow.. does anyone in particular want me to see if I got vid of their car? I dont want to spend hours cutting out bits of everyones car.. But for those who really really want it I dont mind.
    1977 RA28 Celica - 1MZ-FE Members Rides
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
    Email : [email protected]

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic TA22 1MZ's Avatar

Joel, if you could send some vids my way of my car, that would be great.
    Thanks champ!

Would love vid of my car down the straight for the sound. I know Steve got some footage.
    If you have the footage of the green 180SX slamming the inside of turn 8 in the drift session that would be awesome too. After talking to him on the day I think he wouldn't mind seeing it either if anyone has a contact for him.

Equipped with Bowls Hat Backyard Mechanic Adam_Cressi's Avatar

joel, im interested in seeing my car, if it easier for u, could u please burn it onto disk, and i will pay for postage ?
    2JZ-GTE MX-83 Cressida
    Toymods Car Club Club Member # 185

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Cressi
    joel, im interested in seeing my car, if it easier for u, could u please burn it onto disk, and i will pay for postage ?
    that's probably the best idea, burn a few cds/DVDs of all the footage (I'm interested in seeing as much as possible) and send to those interested... I too will pay postage

Yeah I was thinking that.. But i don't have 'that' much footage of others cars.. Just bits n pieces.. So might not be worth sending out whole DVD's of it.

Whats a good program to convert AVI exported from Adobe Premier Elements Pro to something of a decent file size?

I just put together the green S13 getting a few feet of air.. But its like 300mb.
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

I've got footage of the Cressie too, along with a series of high speed shots down the straight.
    Same with Finney's car (but no video)

Junior Member Grease Monkey grim boy's Avatar

hay joel if you have any shots or vid of my car send em down , and i might have a nother one of those seats soon if your keen

Sounds like it might be easier to just throw a whole lot of stuff on one dvd and hand out a few copies, rather than pick different bits out for people. I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a few different cars on it, i guess whatever good footage you've got?

And i don't think damien would mind if you chopped his in-car lap in there somewhere?
    Just an idea, it sounds so good...
    Toymods Club Member

Yeah no probs I can do that.. Everyone just has to put up with 70% my car
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.