Thread: Toda HV oil pump rip off

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Default Toda HV oil pump rip off

I bought a supposed TODA HV oil pump for my 3t/2tg I was going to build, now building 3t/2t. When I finally unpacked pump and looked I thought that's no bigger than the cheap chinese standard replacement. As can be seen in image, link below, there is no difference between the two. The red letters on pickup says HV and on pump body has printed HV.
    So word of caution, don't buy TODA rip off crap. Mind you cost me $265 with post. Can't remember who I bought it from in US, not BRD or Paradise though, about four years ago.
    http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/to...tml?sort=3&o=0

Junior Member Domestic Engineer 71TA22's Avatar

Default Re: Toda HV oil pump rip off

Did the Toda pump come with shim and uprated spring to increase the oil pressure?

Or was it completely stock copy?

For your 3T/2TG hybrid if you cant get your hands on a TRD original then the Kameari Engine Works TRD copy kit is good although expensive.

Have tried a 3TGTEU pump but it lost pressure at high rpm - all the oil in the head.
    Mike
    71 TA22

My Car

Quote Originally Posted by 71TA22 View Post
    Did the Toda pump come with shim and uprated spring to increase the oil pressure?

Or was it completely stock copy?

For your 3T/2TG hybrid if you cant get your hands on a TRD original then the Kameari Engine Works TRD copy kit is good although expensive.

Have tried a 3TGTEU pump but it lost pressure at high rpm - all the oil in the head.
    I didn't dismantle relief valve so don't know about shim or spring. That only increases pressure, with very minute increase in volume. As the image shows rotor kit is exactly same as stock 2T pump. It was advertised and sold as HV pump. I've been looking at the Kameari kit, expensive but if saves engine worth every cent.

Bull now in china shop! Domestic Engineer NME308's Avatar

Four years ago I couldn't identify any old school supplier of HV pumps still doing them.
    I bought an 18RG oil pump and had a machine shop fit the gear to the T series shaft. They also machined a 12mm pump spacer for me. It is a ripper of an oil pump - just let the engine come completely up to temp before revving it to keep oil pressure under 120psi...

Cheers,
    Jason
    3TC Compound Turbo 1976 TA23 - Members Ride Thread HERE
    479RWHP on 50psi and 70psi hasn't broken her at the track!

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ToyTA22 View Post
    I bought a supposed TODA HV oil pump for my 3t/2tg I was going to build, now building 3t/2t. When I finally unpacked pump and looked I thought that's no bigger than the cheap chinese standard replacement. As can be seen in image, link below, there is no difference between the two. The red letters on pickup says HV and on pump body has printed HV.
    So word of caution, don't buy TODA rip off crap. Mind you cost me $265 with post. Can't remember who I bought it from in US, not BRD or Paradise though, about four years ago.
    http://s1260.photobucket.com/user/to...tml?sort=3&o=0
    I think you mean TOGA not Toda and yep, you got ripped.

Quote Originally Posted by 101gze View Post
    I think you mean TOGA not Toda and yep, you got ripped.
    You are correct. My apologies to TODA corporation. I checked label which the g is scratched so magnified it and yes it was a G not a D. Even though it was advertised as a TODA HV pump, only reason I paid the price listed. Unluckily can't find receipt when and where I bought it from, have shifted house twice since then.