Thread: NEED ADVICE: need more clutch adjustment "hilux"

Forum Member

Default NEED ADVICE: need more clutch adjustment "hilux"

Hi all
    I have a rzn149 hilux 2wd 3rzfe turbo
    I changed out my w56 box with a 09 hilux R150 low km's
    I also have a large billet flywheel and direct clutch brand heavy duty puk clutch
    My problem is i have maxed out my clutch pedal adjustment and still my clutch is dragging, only compressing the clutch 95% with my foot right to the floor hard
    the slave cylinder pin is pretty much fully sucked in home when my foot is off the clutch and the bearing is mm's off the clutch fingers so extending the pin wont work in my eyes as the bearing would touch the clutch
    i wanna get my clutch to engage fully around mid stroke of the clutch pedal
    im having a hard time getting into gears from fully stopped have to select 3rd then 1st to take off as it wont go into 1st
    i understand i could space the fork pivot point out but think then the fork may fail on the pressure plate or come very close and dont really wanna pull the box out to trial and error
    i understand you can get a larger bore master cylinder or smaller bore slave cylinder to get more thro, standard slave bore size is 20.64mm and standard master is 15.87mm and i understand by changing they i am then making my clutch feel harder or softer
    im hoping someone may know of a standard smaller bore slave cylinder that could bolt up to give me extra clutch movement or would getting one sleeved down be a better option
    or a larger bore master that would bolt in
    im i on the right track? and other options out there?
    thanks in advance for any help
    scott

RZN169R+2JZGTEVVTI+R151 Domestic Engineer madmont's Avatar

Default Re: NEED ADVICE: need more clutch adjustment "hilux"

In my conversion I used a Landcruiser 3/4 inch bore master cylinder (Bosch) to replace the 5/8 bore stock one.I felt I needed a bit more stroke as well .I am running 2jzge iron flywheel machined flat.240mm Nissan 2800lb pressure plate. Prado clutch plate reduced in diameter to suit the pressure plate. As you can see in the picture I made a brass reservoir to replace the plastic one as the plastic one would not fit under my bonnet after being relocated to clear the turbo manifolding. Bolt location centres are the same and line output is similar.
    Last edited by madmont; 06-02-2018 at 09:46 AM.
    Jealousy is a curse