Thread: Please advise 1jzgte head on a 1jzgte vvti short block

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Please advise 1jzgte head on a 1jzgte vvti short block

Firstly, please don't just say use the search because i have been at this for hours with no answer, its all vvti 1j head on 2j block etc.

Back story is my non vvti 1jz ate a turbo through the fmic and locked her up with a big chunk smashing piston 5 into the none hemi part of the head, theres some decent scoring on the bore's, nothing a good honing wouldn't fix. The pistons on the other hand are pretty bad. 2 much money on "while you in there repairs" to put her back together like this.(you know, belts seals etc etc.)

Theres a 1jz short block for $150 with factory hashing still on the bore's, pistons look good and im not sure if its vvti or not.

Now here's the questions. How can I tell if she's a vvti or none vvti block ? Does it matter?, Where is the 0.6cr made up from?, if its the pistons will they touch on my non vvti valves?
    Im assuming the sump etc will just bolt over, maybe it would be missing the twin turbo support bracket thread holes ? Or did they just use the same old casing for the vvti ? Oil control vvti will be wielded up, where is this located ? would be my best way to tell?
    Last edited by Rabbeh; 28-03-2016 at 03:15 PM.