Thread: Ideas For Electronic SC Bypass Valve With Blow Thru Thottle Body???

Non qualified Domestic Engineer

Default Ideas For Electronic SC Bypass Valve With Blow Thru Thottle Body???

I'm in the throws of putting together a 7AGZE, with a 2TZ SC14 and a custom made, throttle body equipped plenum chamber.
    The 2TZ SC14 used the usual pre-SC throttle body, but instead of the plunger type bypass valve, they used a stepper motor driven butterfly valve. This valve is quite large at about 35mm.
    Because I'm building the thing with the TB after the SC, having a blow off valve is a very good idea. And becuase the SC will still use its clutched pulley, having a bypass valve is also a very good idea. Now obviously 1 valve can do both jobs.

However................ In the interest of keeping costs down, logic says I should try and make use of the stepper motor bypass valve.

I don't expect that I could get the Adaptronic do this work, but what I have been thinking of, was getting an Arduino to drive the valve open and closed based on monitoring the TPS signal. Obviously I'd want the valve close as the throttle is opening and do so over a farely narrow range of throttle movement. But that should be easy enough.......................
    1 problem that I can already see tho, is that the motor has 6 wires coming from it and I have no idea what wire does what.
    Alternatively, opening and closing the valve could be done by an RC plane servo motor.

Thoughts, feedback and opinions please.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldcorollas
    except for a very few exceptions
    "Don't worry what people think, they don't do it very often."

Daily: Glorified Taxi (F6 Typhoon). Out Of Action: Twin-charged Adub. Ongoing Nightmare: Over re-engineered (not) Alfa Romeo 75.

Twisted ****** Backyard Mechanic .T.'s Avatar

Default Re: Ideas For Electronic SC Bypass Valve With Blow Thru Thottle Body???

your stepper motor won't be fast enough - look at using one of the diesel shutoff valves (big butterfly valve driven off a vsv)

1MZ > 2JZ Carport Converter knightrous's Avatar

Default Re: Ideas For Electronic SC Bypass Valve With Blow Thru Thottle Body???

Just buy a vac operated BPV, the ones from the Mini's go for as cheap as $80 on eBay and you can then control it with a VSV