Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next meet?

apprentice pwnerer Grease Monkey phrostbyte's Avatar

Default Next meet?

Time to start organizing the next meetup I think. As some of you know, I'm a shit organizer that didn't even show up to the last cruise I organized (Due to car problems and fk-all sleep)... So I'm not going to be the main organizer of this one, someone can vouch in for that responsibility.

I'm thinking early January, maybe at brickmakers park in Oakleigh (Jay's old meetup spot), then a nice cruise up into the hills.

Any interest?

Kev.
    RIP Kev. You'll be missed.

Old worklog of the last 2 KE70s (long since updated): http://ke70.theicy.net/
    Current AE71 4AGE Daily Driver (Soon to undergo AE86 front end and rear bumper!!: [COLOR=Blue][url]http://www.toymods.net

Photographer and Backyard Mechanic Rinmax's Avatar

Default Re: Next meet?

Sounds interesting pencil me in. I'm always up for a run in the hills.
    "It's an ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place." - JM

"A Ferrari is a scaled down version of god while a Porsche is a Beetle with mustard up its bottom." - JC

Toymods Midget Automotive Encyclopaedia Yian's Avatar

What hills? And from the stories I have heard about some of the people that goes on night cruises, one might think about choosing a meet point less 'residential'. In case someone has an attack of small man syndrome and needs to rev their car.
    SHE LIVES!
    1984 MA61, 1998 Honda Hornet CB600F

UZA80 Automotive Encyclopaedia horse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yian
    In case someone has an attack of small man syndrome and needs to rev their car.
    HAHAHAHA

most likely it'll be the next classic celica meet. those ones arent that bad, and we're getting a mix of people coming too. plus there's the whole prospect of trying to beat Yian in the gokarting

Lol yen, shouldv'e heard me at calder trying to get the attention of the ae86 boys, sitting there bouncing off 7800RPM .

I don't quite get the whole go-karting thing, isn't it more fun to drive your car? Then again I suppose there's no cops on a go-kart track ahahh. Eh, I suppose we'll wait for the ccca dudes to reply, see what we can do.

Kev.

Current AE71 4AGE Daily Driver (Soon to undergo AE86 front end and rear bumper!!: [COLOR=Blue][url]http://www.toymods.net

Chookhouse Chooning Automotive Encyclopaedia Hen's Avatar

If there is a go-karting day planned I will be in. No cops, oncoming traffic (usually), speed cameras or much chance of killing yourself on a go-kart track. Plus it is great fun having a good race with your friends on a level playing field.

I've been to Ace karts in Sunshine a couple of times and it is good. Although I hear Sommerton (on the Hume) is the only track in Melbourne to use 100cc 2-stroke karts.

And anyone who does skids/burnouts/revs the crap out of their car at meets is a cock and just asking for trouble.

Hen

Toymods Midget Automotive Encyclopaedia Yian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hen
    ... it is great fun having a good race with your friends on a level playing field.
    Indeed. Very much so Talk doesn't win on a go-kart track.

Although I hear Sommerton (on the Hume) is the only track in Melbourne to use 100cc 2-stroke karts.
    Anyone wanna organise this for the next meet??
    SHE LIVES!
    1984 MA61, 1998 Honda Hornet CB600F

I should add that I've only heard about 100cc 2-stroke karts at Sommerton. And that was probably 18months ago. Worth giving them a call before planning anything.

Hen

Photographer and Backyard Mechanic Rinmax's Avatar

Yeah I went there a little while back and although I'm no expert on go-karts im pretty sure they are 100cc, good circuit there too.
    "It's an ingenious solution to a problem that should never have existed in the first place." - JM

"A Ferrari is a scaled down version of god while a Porsche is a Beetle with mustard up its bottom." - JC

Xistant

And anyone who does skids/burnouts/revs the crap out of their car at meets is a cock and just asking for trouble.
    and i call you a lier if you have never done it ever.

besides, i reckon a fair majority of us, place our heads over a engine, and give it abit of a rev @ home all the time.

poor neighbours

Hen
    Come on Hen, you must have been young and stupid at one stage too .

Anyway, so what date would people be happy with?

Kev.

Yes, I was young and stupid once. Possibly still am. But if you want to do such things, do it away from other people and innocent bystanders. Also a car meet where 100% of the cars would be defectable (if they tried hard enough) is not a good place to do anything illegal or provocative involving cars.

However it is always good being able to meet the people behind the screen names and have a chat. Plus I think a go-kart day would be very competitive.

Hen

i'm with the go-kart day. always good fun to have a level playing field.

Phrosty, sure you can rev at home etc, but at meets etc, gotta be careful these days as its not something you can do without drawing the wrong kind of attention. and as Yian put it, we want to avoid

Quote Originally Posted by Yian
    someone [who] has an attack of small man syndrome and needs to rev their car.

Toymods Club Member #274 Backyard Mechanic Rallystanza's Avatar

Tis no suprise that people are producing another thread with all these great ideas and no one is going to do anything about it. I suppose we need ideas though

I will help organise one with Shtocky but not until a few weeks ito the new year when all has settled down a bit.

Any ideas on dates then?

How about Sunday 22 Jan 2006

Will find a park somewhere out near somerton and organise a good go kart session there as suggested by Ben.

If people like the idea and dates then omething final can be orgaised and I will create another thread about it for attendance purposes.

Whos keen to help and organise?

Jezza

i'm always willing help jezz,

catch me on MSN dude