Thread: 34 webber on 18rc

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 34 webber on 18rc

First post but been stalking your forum for a while , looking to put a falcon 34 webber on a 18rc for my dihatsus heart transplant , what needle size would i need and would taking off the poullution gear affect the needle sizes? Cheers

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: 34 webber on 18rc

If you really have a -C head (chamber machined out) don't bother;the head is ruined from factory and not worth effort to tune-up.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Are they that shit really? Would it be worth playing with the 12r in it ? Evan would the 12r head fit on the 18r block? Its bullit proof but really slow as and not really insiring on the sand dunes round gero

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Ehh.. the "C" stands for "California" and is kind of emissions head.But I can't see how lowering the compression,ruining the chamber and flow would do anything good to actually reducing emissions..
    A 8/18R head is way better (if you can find one) but even they need some port/chamber work to be good.Even being an non-crossflow I think them better than Ford OHC!
    Just think all the development done to OHC and what if it was done to 18R?

And no,the 12 R is different engine (if you have this right;12R is a pushrod engine as well as 2R/3R/4R/5R) OHC engines started from ehh.. well at least I have seen a 6R OHC.

2/3/4/5R are pushrods
    This is something that Toyota messed up;R-engine codes werent too clear when they were in production