Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2006 AE86 Circuit Battle Extravaganza

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic bathurst-91's Avatar

Default Re: 2006 AE86 Circuit Battle Extravaganza

Ok so here is a temp flyer... Garth will run a proper one after Chad gets an entry form online.
    Yes, to compete at this event will require completing an entry form and paying beforehand.

-We are also making the first call for trust-worthy people to help the event run smoothly (possibly be flag marshalls / staging crew). This is only a possibility as of now. But I'd suggest this would be the perfect opportunity to 'get into' the event if your an 86 fan but dont own a car or for some reason wont be able to compete come mid this year. Be a part of History
    ----
    -Andrew
    ------------------
    A race continues forever...

AE86 Tuning Life Backyard Mechanic Garth AE86's Avatar

i sure will!
    Garth - 100% AE86 Addict
    AE86 - Levin & Trueno - The Legends Live On!
    'AE86' - Toyota Sprinter Trueno GTV

"It's not a street car if you can't drive it on the street. The car has to be safe and fast on any road condition" - Keiichi Tsuchiya

Yellow Belly Black Snake Backyard Mechanic Sprinter-Saurus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Evan
    JUst sick of not having something comfy..
    I made the car unusable for the road. Which was the way i wanted to head.. but now i miss it.
    If i can get a comfy, nice daily driver then i will be happy i guess.. But the ke70 is a piece of shit lol
    Haha we must be telekenetic or something dude lol, my Spoontah ain't going to be very nice for daily driving, and I was going to buy a KE70 and put an injected n/a 13b in it for daily driving, and make it look a bit old-skool, I know it would suck juice like a slut, but damn it would look and sound cool haha, then I thought better of starting another project for a daily driver when the Sprinter isn't even finished yet lol. Went down the South Coast over the weekend for New Year's with mates and I took my old man's VT Commodore, and fark me after the heat of these past 4 days I have a new found appreciation for air-conditioning and modern car luxuries, especially seing as my current daily is a rattled-out VN Commodore with no air-con. Although being raised as a Holden boy by an extended family of Holden fans, I've liked the new incarnation of Ford Falcons, especially the XR6 Turbo, so I've decided to buy one as a daily, as I still wanted something with a bit of balls about it, but something that can take 4 people, and I suppose tow a decent load as well, whether it be the Sprinter on a car trailer or a boat etc. I reckon they're pretty damn good value atm too seeing as I've found a shite-load of them in good nick for under 30k, some closer to 25k. I know alot of people wouldn't spend that much on a second car, especially having a performance-based money-sucking Toyota as a track/fun/weekend thrash car, but I would probaby regret doing the KE70 as it would end up being unreliable I'm sure.

Sorry for the novel haha back to the topic, god damn my car is going to be ready for this track extravaganza, I can't wait for it.

Forum Member

Hell yeh i would be in for some! Just a question where and when?

EDIT: Just re-read the whole thread and now im super keen! I know some Qld peeps that might wanna join, ill keep them informed
    Last edited by mikes86; 03-01-2006 at 01:40 AM.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

SIIIIIIIIIIIIK MATE!

/me is officially g'd up yo!

Garth, Andrew, if you need help with anything that you think i could help with i'm more than happy to lend a hand. This is gonna be fun!

86 slut Grease Monkey

i am in
    i will even sponser a quarter of it

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Evan's Avatar

Sounds great Paul..
    I love the banner haha

hope my motor is ready for this
    1986 JDM AE86 GT Apex panda coupe
    1997 JDM AE111 Trueno
    1983 AE86 hatch GZE
    1984 AE71 5sp
    1998 JZX100 TRD

Fava beans and chianti Backyard Mechanic AE86slut's Avatar

I think there needs to be a couple of chill pills taken here as contact with the track itself hasn't even been made yet (but will be made by Chad over the coming days). The reason I started this thread was to gauge interest in an event of this sort, but the whole thing is getting a bit carried away for such early stages. There's a shite-load of stuff that has to be looked into behind the scenes such as securing the venue, working out finances (this could run well into the thousands) and sponsorship if required (most likely), which are areas Chad and I are both working on at the moment.
    What I'm saying is that it's all good and well to sort out all the easy stuff like racing format, classes etc, but at the end of the day, I feel a bit like my original vision for this event left my hands as soon as I created this thread.
    I just don't want to disappoint you guys, so I think from now on we'll just update every now and then with how things are progressing and to see where everyone is standing as far as attendance goes.

Don't get me wrong, we'll be doing our best to make this happen, but it is a considerable task to take on!

Cheers!

Jeremy.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Evan's Avatar

Yeah Jeremy, where just making suggestions.
    Its cool whatever happens.. thanks for organising it
    1986 JDM AE86 GT Apex panda coupe
    1997 JDM AE111 Trueno
    1983 AE86 hatch GZE
    1984 AE71 5sp
    1998 JZX100 TRD

Argh!!!!

why why why does my heap of crap have to be dying at a time like this.

and no it wont be running in time for it either. looks like i may be on the sidelines or not even there yet again.

stabbing myself
    Will.

AE86 Tuning Life Backyard Mechanic Garth AE86's Avatar

chill will
    you got 5 or so months yet!
    Garth - 100% AE86 Addict
    AE86 - Levin & Trueno - The Legends Live On!
    'AE86' - Toyota Sprinter Trueno GTV

"It's not a street car if you can't drive it on the street. The car has to be safe and fast on any road condition" - Keiichi Tsuchiya

Forum Member

well said Jeremy! talking to Winton this afternoon.. i have sent an email to drift Australia
    so we dont clash with a DA round..
    AE86 Track Day Winton Park raceway 2006! Drifting and Time attack racing.. start getting your cars and entry money ready! intrested partys please email mail me [email protected]

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic bathurst-91's Avatar

Will> read my post. People can still be heaps involved if they dont have a car..

And yes, just as Jeremy stated nothing is set in stone yet however knowing the hachi community we need everyone to KNOW that an event is IN THE WORKS... The more people there are the cheaper the event will be for all. Not to mention the fact that sheer numbers of attendance will be what makes this event go down. No matter how well we organise it, it wont mean much if we dont get the required number of entry forms completed
    ----
    -Andrew
    ------------------
    A race continues forever...

Booyah! Member 1st year Apprentice Fujiwara_ToFu's Avatar

Wow, this'll be an event that'll make me hurry up and drop in my RECARO sitting in my lounge room.

Strange, no? Mum prefers watching TV on the RECARO over her beloved couch.
    I'm in.

Add me to the 78 rwkw NA bracket

-Jay

guys

im goin!!!

put me down as a helper outerer/marshal dude!

my car wont be ready cuz im redoin the whole thing from scratch (properly)

im plannining on taking care of a few other things ie gettin ahead on the mortgage & doin the car bit by bit with most of the work taking place in 2yrs time.... see why im stabbin myself!!!

So im gonna go look for a bigger knife now...
    when i find one Im gonna keep stabbin myself!