Thread: Conversion GS121 to 1JZ

Forum Member

Default Conversion GS121 to 1JZ

Hey guys,

Has anyone done a 1jz/2jz conversion into an 86 toyota crown before?

My 1GGZE is getting a bit tired and I cannot find a rebuild kit for her so I'd like to put something in where I can find parts a bit easier

As to whether or not they are worth doing up I can't find any parts or if it would just be better to buy a 1jz/2jz N/A with an AUTO cuz I'm lazy.

I'm not looking to blow my tyres out just wanted up beef the old girl up for cruising GS121 (86' Toyota Crown Royal/Super Saloon).

There is 190,000 on the clock used as a daily.

Cheers guys.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: Conversion GS121 to 1JZ

I'm sure it has been done & fairly easily as far as room goes, but if you are paying someone to do the work its going to cost you plenty, cheapest way out is what you mentioned in getting a 1jz or 2jz auto ( I presume you mean in a later model car & driving it as is ) ??

Forum Member

Default Re: Conversion GS121 to 1JZ

Engine swap wise, I would probably do a rebuild on the engine if it has done alot of kms other than that I would keep it stock, if it was a turbo then maybe up the psi a little. I can do the install at home (Heavy diesel fitter) with my brother (light mechanic) just time is the issue haha. I have no idea about engine mounts and what not so I will have to cross that bridge when I get to it, Google doesn't seem to offer anything useful that I can find. IF the mounts are similar to the M series it would be an easy bolt on and wire up situation.