Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: IS200 and 3UZFE

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default IS200 and 3UZFE

Just read up your thread from years ago on the IS200 1UZ swap. I found it researching a similar project. Thanks Mos

I am looking at doing the following (below) in order to have a nice v8 medium sized family style car with good grunt blah blah similar to Rod Millen IS430 deal.

Mechanically Im not too worried about fabricating issues ie exhaust mounts etc. been doing it for years on various weird projects.

Can anyone give me a bit of guidance on wiring or hidden issues based on the follow plan

- soon to purchase IS200 (auto most likely)
    - using a GS430 3UZFE half cut
    - keeping the 5 or 6 speed auto initially maybe indefinitely
    - keeping standard ECU (if easier/cheaper)
    - running all the luxury goodies in IS200.

thoughts?

Cheers
    Aaron

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

Default Re: IS200 and 3UZFE

GS430 can only be 5spd as far as I know. Also , pre-2003 GS430 should be a bit easier to wire due to simpler security system
    Keeping the factory ECU is always cheaper, but you'll likely want a standalone eventually because of factory ECU's enormous effort to deliver the power smoothly
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

bring it up to qld and ill wire it for you
    if the canbus all talk to esch other fine all should work
    I recently did a 2j with haltech in an is200 and air con and std temp gauge doesn't work once u remove the factory ecu

well Ive sourced the engine gearbox ECU and loom.. just need to sell me Suzuki Jimny weapon to do the project.
    The 3UZ had both 5 and 6 speed. Ive just found a 6 spd version. SC430 2006. Im sure if wiring is going to be a bitch Ill do aftermarket computer and IS200 ECU same as Mos did.

best go manual gbox if u want to goto aftermarket ecu

if what you sourced isn't a complete halfcut, then go standalone + m/t as per above
    otherwise, you'll have to pay someone for security bypass

Unlike GS430, '06 SC430 has quite a number of security system components that are essential to make the engine start
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

what year is 3uz
    last one I did just had basic key and key reader
    and immob is in ecu

the one Im looking at is at least 2006> ... wiki says the 6 spd auto was in the sc430 2006 onward. Ive been told the engine was pulled out of a sc430. for some weird reason lexus changed the diff ratio from 3.27 to 3.76 for the 6 speed and also the engine had 12 less HP down to 288HP.. weird. (reference from lexus archives). my guess is they change exhaust or something minor.

dumbass it's donor model, not only year that matters
    Your last 3uz must have been off a GS430

the problem is a lot of import motors don't come here
    so to find a 2006 or newer 3uz is going to be hard and very expensive
    but I could be wrong, ive never had to price one up and ive wired 1 in 15 years
    so just shows not many around

Australia is a totally different market to the rest of the world

We don't see a lot of 3UZ conversions either

Most people out of the swap crowd order a particular engine rather than searching for something in stock of some local wrecker. So it's only the price that does matter, and that's the reason we mostly see 1UZ conversions here.

Can't say if GS430 had a close JDM counterpart. It's definitely not UCF30 and it's unlikely to be UZS18x . Maybe UZS16x ? That's unusual that most 3UZ ECU's are sold in Japan for nothing, even considering delivery and third-party overhead.

yeah might just be able to get a different 3uz ecu and key that matches each other from japan or locally. could just use a 3uz ecu and key from nz or here depends on $$

The problem is, as I described above, seems like there's no single JDM model which would run 3UZ and use that simple security system (where having key, amp and engine ECU is enough to start the engine).

just been speaking to a trans shop about other stuff and they are making an aftermarket controller for Toyota 5 and 6 speeds
    so if your budget is 15 to 20 grand u can go aftermarket ecu for engine and auto aswell

whats the cost of A/M ECT??