Thread: Autronic sm2 problems

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Default Autronic sm2 problems

Hopefully someone is still up to date on this old clunker of an ECU

I have gone to a VVTi engine from my old non VVTi setup. I have also wired in an 500r CDI box and I'm using Honda CDI CoP. Sideshow redid the loom for me and at this stage I'm assuming he got it right.

Buggered if I can get it to fire though? Well it will sort of p, but on totally incorrect flag mode settings? It fires out of sync, so at least I'm pretty sure all the hardware is working?

But with the 'correct' settings I get nada?

Flag mode 13 set at 129 for missing teeth sensor
    Flag mode 14 set at 9 to suit the 36-2 VVTi crank trigger wheel
    Flag mode 15 set at 3 to set the sync adjustment ie at 60 deg BTDC the cam trigger is 3 crank teeth (30 deg) off its sensor.

Not a hint of firing with those settings

I think there is a setting elsewhere I have missed but my manual has been no use and I'm out of ideas?

Anyone?
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Default Re: Autronic sm2 problems

Firstly I have no Autronic experience....but are you sure that the missing crank teeth are in the first firing period?!

I had a similar issue when putting my Adaptronic on my VVTi 2JZGTE, and it turns out that the missing crank teeth are ~155deg before TDC (Cyl 1), so no matter what you do, given that there are only 120deg in a firing event (6 cyl) if Ignition 1 set to trigger Cyl 1 you won't be able to get the engine to time properly if Ignition 1 is wired to Cyl1 coil...

Does this make any sense?! I suggest getting the timing light out to check!

FYI. if this is the problem you can fix it by 'moving' the ignition (and ideally injection) wiring 'along' by one.

I know 3SGE BEAMS has the same trigger wheel (36-2) and has the missing teeth outside the first firing period as well so this might be the issue with 1UZ VVTi also...

See this thread for more info.
    http://www.adaptronic.com.au/forum/i...10128#msg10128

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Default Re: Autronic sm2 problems

cheers mate, i'll have a look this arvo. The ign o/p go to the CDI box but the coil 1 output does go to cyls 1 and 6.....i thought the sync adjust was to get around this issue? but if as you say there's no signal in the range required? fucked if i know ? The guy who wired in the CDI has done VVTi engines before so i figure his wiring is correct at this stage?
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.