Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ECU pinouts for a 1990 ADM Cressida Grande please, searched and bought U.S. manuals

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: ECU pinouts for a 1990 ADM Cressida Grande please, searched and bought U.S. manua

Hi dumbass

Why are you telling me this? I am hoping I don't need a tailshaft made for my Cressida.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    gone are the days of 300 dollar tailshafts
    was at a shop last week doing an ls3 into a hilux
    tailshaft was 1200 bucks all because most these new cars have big rubber donuts and crap on them
    so they had to get a shaft made with slip yoke in the middle
    but good thing is its a show car so everything ha to be perfect so money not really a problem

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: ECU pinouts for a 1990 ADM Cressida Grande please, searched and bought U.S. manua

yer sorry I should have explained what im going on about
    that's the other problem u run into with the some gboxes that have a rubber bung on the rear with the try flange
    its not a straight forward job to get tailshaft to match
    so sometimes it might be better to change output shaft and rear housing to suit Cressida

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dumbass View Post
    yer sorry I should have explained what im going on about
    that's the other problem u run into with the some gboxes that have a rubber bung on the rear with the try flange
    its not a straight forward job to get tailshaft to match
    My experience with that (gboxes with rubber output couplings) is that if there is physically room for the rubber coupling then you can use a Holden Commodore centerbearing which is actually a CV (Constant Velocity joint) as it has about 30mm (from memory) of "in-out" movement.

In my experience the Commodore CV was a cheap and easy way to get a slip yoke in the middle of the tailshaft.
    (FYI there was a small amount of work to space the CV down to the correct location, but I'm pretty sure that the CV bolt holes lined up with the previous Toyota centre bearing holes so it was just a matter of spacing...)

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

RZN169R+2JZGTEVVTI+R151 Domestic Engineer madmont's Avatar

See Wilbo's Wiki for some good stuff
    http://wilbo666.pbworks.com/w/page/4...0JZA80%20Supra
    Jealousy is a curse

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Thanks madmont

I have gathered all of his good work and that is one reason I am going for a Supra engine/transmission in my MX83 pre VVT-I.