Thread: 1jz running rough please help

Forum Member

Default 1jz running rough please help

hi everyone new to this site but has already paid off when was installing my e manage, but now i have a problem my car is a project that i have bean working on/building for the last year or 2 the previous owner of the car has choped the loom up and so on and i rewired wat i could with new plus ect cost an arm and a leg i have checked and changed most of my map sensors coils ect, but the car just wont run nice its hard to start splutters and misfires and dies and hunts for something but i have hit a brick wall with this one any help would be much appreciated a few things car will not run with o2 sensor plugged in for some unknown reason but have a inovate mtx wideband on the way to plug into the emanage , and i also noticed the first time i took the intake manifold off there was no iscv but it was idling fine before being rebuilt im thinking the ecu has something to do with it not running right as i said anyhelp is good have uploaded a vid start from dead cold video quality not good but u can her the spitting and dying lol also runs realy rich

Default Re: 1jz running rough please help

No mention of injectors.

No screenshot of what inputs (IAT, ECT, MAP, TPS, RPM) e-manage sees.

No screenshot or logs of OBD readings (worse case scenario to prove if both ECUs read the same)

Rebuilt engine? Is the timing belt installed correctly? One guy was chasing around replacing everything and only realised his exhaust (or intake? or both?) cam was off by one tooth.
    Last edited by bk_; 19-02-2014 at 10:56 PM. Reason: belt

Forum Member

thanks for the reply injectors were standard 370cc and changed to 2jz 440cc ones , emanage did the auto correct when i put the change in one thing that had me concerned was the emanage never brings up anything on any of the charts a/f ratio ect all are set to 0 across the boards, as for inputs showing on the emanage log rpm.map.tps all show wen car is trying to idle ,i will try and upload a recored log of it unsure how to do that just yet but will figure out ,engine has been rebuilt 2jz bottom end 1jz head fully forged ect head work and so on standard cams and i have triple checked the timing belt and all marks are spot on as pulled everything off to check correctley one thing i do remember is the crank angle sensor has just normal wires not sheiled as thow its been tampered with at some stage would this have anything to do with it by anychance?

If it's a 2JZ bottom end and you're using 2JZ injectors, then you need 0 injector correction.

crank/cam sensors... if there was a problem OEM ECU would be triggering engine check light - please check for error codes on OEM ECU.

Forum Member

ok all sorted no error codes emanage showing all that it needed on map trace had an auto sparkey round to test everything he was stumped and told me must be the ecu so when he left i couldnt stop thinking about the simple things ,3 weeks ago i brought some new ngk bkre6eix iridium plugs one had a crack in it replaced with cheap bkr6e plugs and fired right up no missfires no hunting just a smooth idle at 1000rpm until warm then droped slighty below and didnt miss a beat very happy the simple things that make an engine run aye cheers.