Thread: Has anyone put a st 205 diff in a t series housing

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Has anyone put a st 205 diff in a t series housing

Has a any one put a st205 gt4 Torsten diff head into a t series irs diff housing eg t292 , how did you get around the axles bolting to diff axles different sises thanks

So it turns out you can but with a lot of effort you have to use st205 axles and get them remade to suet your car

All done and going now headache gone lol celica st205 torsen LSD diff dose fit into t series housings here is what I had to do

Swapped the diff nugget over and used my crown and pinion wheel

Had diff shimmed as old shims were way off

Replaced axle seals to match axles as there was 3 mm difference between the old and new (new st205 being smaller shaft)

Got the st 205 axles (half shafts ) and used the inner cv joint and had the shaft cut and a spline added to suet my outer cv joint , as the st 205 had a 26 spline count and my original was 20

Bolted it in and went for a spin goes good under load the torsen locks up nice very happy with the conversion

Note : I had the st205 half shafts made the same length as existing half shafts (overall measurements ) but yours may be different

Keen to chat about the conversion if any one has done this before or wants to
    Last edited by Toyotamotorfan; 26-01-2014 at 03:27 PM.