Thread: LN106 cab swap

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default LN106 cab swap

Hey people.

My partner recently acquired a '96 model LN106 that had been rolled. It drives like a dream so we know theres no issues with the mechanical stuff. We'll leave the issue of whether or not the chassis is twisted for another day. But it drives straight so it might be alright.
    He also acquired a rolling shell of a '94 LN106.

The big plans are to remove the cabin from the '94 model and place it onto the chassis and drivetrain of the '96 model which would also require a certain modification to a little silver plate.

Another suggestion that had been put forward was to remove all the mechanicals from the '96 and put them into the '94.
    Few issues, everything would have to be changed over anyway as the '94 has nothing in it and what was there has either been cut, cut out or torn out, and the occasional ripped out bolt hole has been seen by me. He is quite stubborn and he wants to do the cab swap option.

So my questions are
    How difficult is this to do?
    I cannot find anything related to this in any forums here, or by way of Google. Does anyone have any information for me?

The vehicles are currently in a machinery shed at the brother-in-law's farm. The floor is dirt which makes the second option a little more difficult. Pro on the first option though, we have access to an excavator which makes lifting the cab easy as pie!
    ¿qué?

LN56 - Bullbar, UHF...Thats all so far!
    RN85 - Bullbar, UHF, Clearance lights, Mudflaps, Stickers...Dead

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: LN106 cab swap

If you have a dirt floor you can put some used carpet or vinyl over it while you work underneath. Makes it a lot better surface to work on. If it gets too dirty just put some more over the top.