Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 1st of November!!

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 1st of November!!

You mean next week? I won't be able to - car needs a few tweaks and checks, but mainly it needs new tyres and the cash and time aren't there right now. Just ran through the to-do list pre-christmas and it's scary... car stuff is a long way down, and there isn't a heap of time after coming home in Jan until the next day; think i have zero chance of getting much done on the car before we go away.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Ahhh that is close. I dont think I will make it with the work load I have at the moment due to this weather.

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

So the 1st day is on Chinese New Year
    hmmm, so chances of getting a different engine in by Jan day - none
    by May - maybe more hopeful

btw, I bought a 2nd hand side mount race seat on the weekend. It came with some brackets, but they're still too narrow and short to fit up to the 4 factory mounting points.
    Suggestions for where I can find other brackets?
    And what do others do for fixing these brackets down? make some metal straps to fit across the 4 seat mounts (luckily the Excel uses 4 vertical bolts)?

And what above a harness mount? My seatbelt was bolted to the seat, which I had then just screwed an eyelet into instead.

Junior Member Grease Monkey Schmitt's Avatar

Finally uploaded some of my vids from the day

First session (had a big slide on the first flying lap)
    http://youtu.be/tTvFAeGID-c

Right at the end of the day. Towards the end tyres start to overheat so have a little slide around.
    http://youtu.be/xiHOlLVTN64

Full playlist of the day.
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...eVss4BxWVWerkG

Ben
    Founding member of SPOOT RACING
    Schmitts 4AGE TA22

loves hi RPMS Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by wagonist View Post
    So the 1st day is on Chinese New Year
    hmmm, so chances of getting a different engine in by Jan day - none
    by May - maybe more hopeful

btw, I bought a 2nd hand side mount race seat on the weekend. It came with some brackets, but they're still too narrow and short to fit up to the 4 factory mounting points.
    Suggestions for where I can find other brackets?
    And what do others do for fixing these brackets down? make some metal straps to fit across the 4 seat mounts (luckily the Excel uses 4 vertical bolts)?

And what above a harness mount? My seatbelt was bolted to the seat, which I had then just screwed an eyelet into instead.
    steve places like revolution race gear have universal seat mounts that should suit what your after. depends of you want an adjustable seat or not though, adjustable is not cheap but good if you have a couple of drivers, non-adjustable is cheap if its just you.

use standard seat bolts to bolt the seat down, new ones if you can get them. dont do the dodge on this. metal straps work but you'd want at least 8mm steel so there is no flex in the straps.

harness mount, i'd get a harness bar made to fit between the rear seat fold down catches. and engineering shop or simplest of welder wielders could knock you one up. the AE86 has this harness brace but the actuall design is pretty simple: http://www.ajps.com.au/parts/rear_harness_brace.php
    N/A for life...

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

I don't want the seat adjustable, cos I don't have the headroom for this. The standards runner are pretty tall.
    But I do want it to be able to bolt down in various positions.

By strap, I meant strips of metal, and agree that they need to be thick enough not to flex. My life depends on it.

I have a harness bar, but I'm not talking about mounting the shoulder straps. I'm talking about the mount down by the centre tunnel where the lap belt connects to.
    This is attached to my seat above the runners on the factory seat, and therefore is no longer available if I get rid of the factory runners.

Will check out Revolution next week with some measurements.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    Dates for next year - put them in your calendars!

1. 31/01/14
    2. 30/05/14
    3. 08/08/14
    4. 07/11/14
    Will be at the January day, hopefully back in the adub....... if not, 350rwkw Cressida will be cuttings laps!

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

We're closer than you realise to the first day next year; it's next month!! I haven't counted but i'd say 8-9 weeks or so. I will start a new thread shortly but just a reminder to get cars and leave organised!

Oh and if anyone has tried to contact me recently i've been without a mobile for a week and a half, so sorry if i haven't responded. Old mobile number is gone, new one isn't available yet but i'll let you know when i have it.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

also registering interest for the 31st jan day!
    MA61 + 5M-E POWAZ: sold :'( | MX73 + 5M-GE: asploded. RIP :'( | MA61 + 2JZ-GE: 80's radness with 90's power/reliability/economy
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    these wheels are so jap I even want to kill a whale. For strictly scientifical purpose, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by PH@_MAN View Post
    also registering interest for the 31st jan day!
    Also registering interest, drove past WP today and felt a tad sad I couldn't stop by and see if anyone was running there.

Hoping to get something done to my car before the two day MR2 track challenge on the 6/7th and may back up for this one.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic egamirrorim's Avatar

I'm planning on coming to a Wakefield track day some time next year and am just researching some of the logistics:
    Does Wakefield have fuel available on site? Otherwise I assume you need to bring a few jerry cans or is there a servo nearby?
    I know this is extremely relative but how much fuel is used in a day? My beast is only an 18RG RA28 so not so fuel hungry like a lot of highly modified turbo cars.
    I know I'll need to bring a lot of spares & tools, I'd hate to be off the track for want of something small, what are the essentials I'll need?
    What do you guys budget for spending on a day like this? I've already looked car trailer hire, fuel for tow vehicle, accommodation, etc. I've seen the hire/licence costs for Wakefield also. Its the not so obvious costs I'm asking about.

jerry cans are good you can fill up at Goulburn 10 mins up the road or duck back in at lunch time. Like you said bring anything you can its always good to be prepared and do all the fluid and oil changes checks beforehand as well as brake pads and RBF 600 brake fluid is a good idea. There are tyre places and a wreckers in Goulburn that come in handy too. Good set of tyres make a big difference too if not going to R specs get the best you can to have you staying on track and doing reasonable and consistent times.
    Can see the front of the Spyder in the carport but I have been sealing the drive and carport floor so its not moving out of its place yet as I have sealed floor up to and around it.

Adub is running, cant make the MR2 meet in Jan but I'll be damned if I wont be sweet for the 31st

Well the Spyder is starting now so I am good for the MTC14. Might even look at this one as well. I hear another Aw might make this too.