Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June Event - Lost In The 50s Cruise and Museum Tour - Sunday June 23

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: June Event - Lost In The 50s Cruise and Museum Tour - Sunday June 23

bump, this is this sunday gents! cant wait to have a decent cruise to run in my 86
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

Default Re: June Event - Lost In The 50s Cruise and Museum Tour - Sunday June 23

I have a couple of extra cars turning up. The girls are all excited and will be dressing up in their 50's gear.

I'm looking forward to this event. It'll be nice to do something that involves more than looking at cars in a parking lot.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Guys can someone provide me with the addy to the Museum, in the case I cant make the 9.30am meeting point. Its not on their website.

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

42 Stenhouse Dr Cameron Park, it's the old Bluetongue Brewery
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

celicanut Grease Monkey craig28celica's Avatar

Any newy people going to this? Does any1 want to meet up n Cruise. Maybe the knights stadium car park leave after 1030am??
    drive it dont hide it
    my car..RA28 1G. & x RA28 TRAILER
    projects RA23 & RA23 convertible

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by craig28celica View Post
    Any newy people going to this? Does any1 want to meet up n Cruise. Maybe the knights stadium car park leave after 1030am??
    I'm going, but haven't worked out if I'm going to drive down to Sydney for the cruise up or just go straight there
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hey guys, I unfortunately have to pull out due to a friend's terminal health. I was really looking forward to this cruise as I love all things 50's and would've loved to of covered the event on Triple6pix.
    This morning my best mate & I are going to say goodbye to a mutual friend of ours who's been fighting severe pneumonia and other associated health issues. I'm sure you will all understand my decision of not attending.
    I do wish you a safe journey to Newcastle in this terrible weather & hope you have a great time.
    Looking forward to seeing some pics.
    I'll see you at the next cruise.
    Thanks again, Vito, for the invite.
    Take care everyone.
    Regards, Andy.
    JZX-83R
    MX83 Cressida AE92 Levin

Sorry to hear about your friend Andy. Friends and family are much more important than a trip to a museum so we understand where your at.

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

So, fairly small attendance at this one from toymods but the weather was absolutely horrid so I dont blame anyone. Those who went still had a good time though. God damn they have some wacky stuff in there. A legit delorean, a batmobile, shelby GT500, and literally what looks like a car yard packed with brand new 1950s/1960s BIG american cars ready to drive away. They all looked brand spankers! It was a real time warp.

Pics

I'm sure the other guys that came along have much better pics than my crappy iphone stuff though...
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer mynameisrodney's Avatar

That looks awesome! I'm so pissed I missed this event.

Awesome day. Crap weather but worth the trip.

Many thanks to Vito for organising the event.

Some of my pics.

Look dad, they had big black DVD's in the 50's

Vito looking "lost in the 50's"

DavGT4 playing paparatzi whilst thetoyman75 adopts his "I'm Batman" pose

gold28 junior and his "I'm Batman" pose

Hammo, aka PH@_MAN contemplating a trip back to the 80's for some MA61 lovin