Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: May Night Event! Gokarting Tournament - Kartatak Arncliffe - Tue 07-05-13

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default May Night Event! Gokarting Tournament - Kartatak Arncliffe - Tue 07-05-13

Date:Tuesday 7th May
    Time: 6:30pm registration, tournament starts at 7pm
    Location: Kartatak Arncliffe, 40-50 Arncliffe st, Wolli Creek
    What To bring: $50 + $10 for a license if you've never been before. Helmet if you have one, but you can use theirs for free if not.

I've been trying to organise another day at eastern creek for a while now but it keeps falling over due to various issues. So for the moment I thought I would give this a whirl. This is a public tournament, held on the first tuesday of every month. Entry is $50 and for your money you get:

1x 10 Lap qualifying session
    2x 12 lap Race Heats
    1x 16 lap final (if you are ranked in the top 8)

For the money it's fantastic value, there is always very good attendance so you have plenty of racing. They have also just refreshed their karts with newer, heavier karts (meaning bigger gentlemen arent at as big a disadvantage). Also, if you come first you win CASH!!! Second and third places get vouchers n stuff. The track is not high speed by any means, but it is indoor, so bad weather doesnt matter, and it is very tight and technical, so if you like the challenge of getting your lines right and beating pbs etc, it is good fun.

If we get good attendance at this then I will try to plan a big day at eastern creek in the near future...

Hope to see you all there!
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer mynameisrodney's Avatar

Default Re: May Night Event! Gokarting Tournament - Kartatak Arncliffe - Tue 07-05-13

I'm going away for some of May, but if I'm in Sydney then I'll be there.

Cheers,
    Chris

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Default Re: May Night Event! Gokarting Tournament - Kartatak Arncliffe - Tue 07-05-13

Hmm, tempting to take a couple of days off and stay down in Sydney after the dyno day...
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

I'll be there, $60 aint that much, hopefully we get more than 2 people turn up (lasertag)

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

This sounds interesting, may have to find some $$$ for this one.
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

worth pointing out that even if there is a small turnout from Toymods this will still go ahead as it's a monthly tournament that they run open to the public.

Having said that... BE THERE!!!!!
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Would be good if the board meeting was the night before. Make a big weekend of it, limit the driving too and from Sydney...
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last

Unfortunately I can't move the date, as this is a public tourney organised by kartatak themselves. That being said, the benefit is that I dont have to take money off people, and as dylan said, there is always good attendance, so even if you are all shit and only a few toymodders turn up, there will still be a good 20 or so other people to compete with. Some of the regulars are also fairly serious drivers. Last month's tournament I was racing in the final against three pro-kart drivers and some dude who is apparently the NSW speedway champion or somesuch. Was a very good race

By the same token though, you do get kids that come along and whatnot, and it's not a super serious atmosphere. Everyone is there just to enjoy themselves and have some fun!
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

What time do these normally finish, assuming you get to a final?
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

between 9 and 10pm generally.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

Are we talking fast karts?

Going fast scares me.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

in the grand scheme of things; no not really. they *feel* fast though, just like any kart, as your ass is literally scraping the ground the whole time.

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer mynameisrodney's Avatar

I think Hiro was suggesting moving the meeting rather than moving the karting.

The karts aren't that fast river. And it doesn't hurt if you crash them...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNK0NW-3360

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisrodney View Post
    I think Hiro was suggesting moving the meeting rather than moving the karting.
    Was more like wishful thinking than actually suggesting...

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

Just been to Kartatak recently... lovin the new karts! Def try to be there for this one. Try and make use of my licence more than once for a change
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle