Thread: Impreza WRX Club Invites Toymods to Charity Golf Day Interclub Challenge - Fri May 3

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Impreza WRX Club Invites Toymods to Charity Golf Day Interclub Challenge - Fri May 3

Hi All,

Firstly, I checked around to see if I need authority to post an event here, but couldn't find anything, so I apologise in advance if this needs to be approved first.

Friday May 3, we are holding an inter-club golf tournament at the Terrey Hills Par 3 Golf Course. Apart from having a good social and a bit of a hack with some clubs, we're specifically running this event to raise funds for charity. We’d love it if some of your members would like come and represent and have a hack!

The money being raised is going to ADRA's Safe Project. This project is to raise funds to build 12-14 foot walls for protection of Albino's in their schools in Tanzania. In a nutshell there's some mythical belief's over there that are seeing Albino's hunted for their body parts and sums as high as $75,000 are being reached for one Albino. It's pretty disastrous what's going on over there, and so we're trying to do something to help stop it. There’s obviously a lot more to it than that, but if you use google, you can read into it yourself.

OK just added this link below to help people understand what's going one (15min vid, but you don't have to watch it all to get it...)

Youtube link -->Click here

The Golf Day

Cost - $40 - for that you get 18 holes, BBQ and drinks, raffle ticket, and a trophy (if you win...). If you don't have golf clubs, club hire and balls will be included.

As the average course length is around 50M, you only need 2 clubs - a wedge and a putter. So even if you're rubbish at golf you can have a crack.

Lunch and sign-on from 12:30pm, tee-off at 1:30pm. Finish approx 4:30pmish. Awards, raffle draw immediately after.

Prizes - the biggest drawcard prize to win so far is a Sony HDR-AS15 Action Cam Pack and a Go Pro 3 Silver Edition thanks to V-Sport - great for all your car, mountain bike, snowboard, extreme event activities. The Sony Cam prize will be up for grabs on the "closest to pin" hole and will cost $5 to have a crack. The rest will be raffled off.

Other prizes to be raffled off so far include some Car Wash kits thanks to Auto One Waitara, and a professional car shoot by me (example here). If you have any contacts that would like to donate some prizes that could be added to the prize pool, they would be welcomed. We're still in the process of asking a few car suppliers for donations.

We will be awarding a trophy to the winning car club and the winning pair on the day.

You will need to pay via the https://payment.wrx.org.au before the day so we can know exactly who's coming. Would prefer an email with some contact details once you’ve entered so that we can call you should anything be changed or we need to update you. We can technically take entrants to the night before, but would really appreciate some indication early on that you’re coming as we have to organise catering.

We have documentation authorising us to raise funds on behalf of ADRA, if anyone needs to see it, they can contact me.

Attached is the PDF flyer about the event, let me know if you have any questions....

Cheers – Craig

NOTE - I have PDF flyer for the event with the relevant info, but I can't find anywhere I can attach the PDF?
    Last edited by cjeff; 05-02-2014 at 01:21 AM. Reason: added day to title