Thread: sc12 pully install question

i am a rollomatic Backyard Mechanic _gear2's Avatar

Default sc12 pully install question

An sc12 I got came with the clutch off but when putting it back on I came across a few things I wanted to check

The magnet has a nipple on the bottom and is able to fit into either of the two holes show in the photo below which one should it be mounted in?

It is my understanding that the clutch works by pulling the plate at the front down towards it is that correct (I know the arrow in the photo is counter intuitive but in the opposite direction of the arrow?)

this brings me to my final problem

as this picture shows im able (once everything has been bolted up) to push the magnet forward and thus pop the nipple out of the hole and consequently it can spin (using the cable) a full 360. This doesn't seem right as then how would the nipple go back into the hole. Am i missing a washer or something somewhere?
    i feel much better now that ive given up hope

i am a rollomatic Backyard Mechanic _gear2's Avatar

Default Re: sc12 pully install question

well i answered my question about the gap (http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/faq...tech-info.html) need all the 17069a etc parts... though still which nipple hole does it need to go into?
    i feel much better now that ive given up hope

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

Default Re: sc12 pully install question

Whatever hole you want, there should be a clip that holds the wire (17303N in your link), so orient it so the wire can be clipped in.

As for the clutch, use a dial gauge to measure how far the clutch pulls in, adjust the shims that go on the very end of the shaft (17068a in your link) to achieve about 0.4 - 0.6mm (tighter is better).
    That circlip to hold the magnet on can be bought at any good bearing shop, it's close enough to a standard size (I know from experience).