Thread: 22r efi conversion help

Forum Member

Default 22r efi conversion help

Hi,

I recently picked up an efi setup off a 1984 22re celica, which includes the manifold, loom, ecu, a fuel pump from a VL commodore, etc. I got everything pretty cheap, which is my main reason for starting the project of swapping it onto my 1985 landcruiser rj70. the cruiser only has 122,000 k's and the 22r engine has around 5,000, which is why i want to make it fuel injected and eventually turbo it. The 1984 efi setup is apparently the best option, because they don't have a knock sensor.

I have a rough idea of how to get the job done, but I'm keen to know if anyone else has done the efi conversion or knows how to do it. I mainly need help with the wiring but i'd also like a parts list (if I'm missing anything) so i can start the project having everything that i need.

I'd appreciate any help, cheers.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 22r efi conversion help

intake will hit clutch mastercylinder in bundy . a guy i used to no did the conversion think he got a smaller one off another car dont no which one lost all contact with him also you will need the 22re dash because alot of the stuff wont work like check engine ect.

Forum Member

thanks for the reply, seems like it might be too much of a hassle to do the conversion. might just upgrade the carby and put a decent cam in it, or start looking for a 3rz.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by rj70_cruiser View Post
    thanks for the reply, seems like it might be too much of a hassle to do the conversion. might just upgrade the carby and put a decent cam in it, or start looking for a 3rz.
    thats excactly wat happened to me. fiqured it was to much trouble and my carby is running very reliabley at the moment