Thread: International members

AVGAS DRINKING Carport Converter 30psi 4agte's Avatar

Default International members

My two bob worth

I am pleased to see toymods growing and growing The amount of international forum members i see posting is increasing at a rapid rate!!

This is not only good for the toymods site but good for its users as info from different countries not only provides useful info to the different parts than can be substituted for AUS parts but also some of the probs that other countries encounter with their different climates and modification trends.

Forum Member Grease Monkey smokem1's Avatar

Default Re: International members

i agree, i wanted some parts form the USA from a place that does not post overseas, a toymodder over there helped me to get those parts...legendary i reckon.

Junior Member Carport Converter Billzilla's Avatar

I'm in Frankfurt right now, does that count? I was in Kuala Lumpur a couple of days ago, and I might be in Jeddah at the end of the week.
    www.billzilla.org
    Toymods founding member #3

ToyotaCarClub.net Domestic Engineer Starfire's Avatar

We can't all be pilots, Bill.
    1987 AW11 MR2 Supercharger (4AGZE)
    1974 TA22 Celica (2TG bored and stroked)

Thanks to James Cameron's Terminator films, we know that robots are stronger, faster, tougher and more Austrian than the rest of us.

back into it Chief Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by Starfire
    We can't all be pilots, Bill.
    Why not? you can do anything you put you mind too!

ANGRY MAN 2011 Chief Engine Builder Admiral coFF33's Avatar

*puts mind to having an orgy with many beautiful women*

I <3 Vito Conversion King RiceburnaGTV's Avatar

Yeah I reckon its great also,I know there was a thread where I think OSIX over in Thailand wanted a sticker but apparently the club wont send them out unless he bacame a member..I think it would be a good idea to offer our international toymodders say a $20 membership which is really just an overpriced sticker and obviously the access to the rest of the forum.

I think it would be great to see some of these members cars at shows overseas with toymods stickers on the back..It can only mean good things for the club.

thats my 2c

cheers
    Nath
    Last edited by RiceburnaGTV; 07-02-2007 at 10:30 AM.
    -Just Alloy Radiators-
    www.alloyradiators.com.au

back into it Chief Engine Builder

Quote Originally Posted by coFF33
    *puts mind to having an orgy with many beautiful women*
    In your case its "mind and money" !hehe

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RiceburnaGTV
    Yeah I reckon its great also,I know there was a threat where I think OSIX over in Thailand wanted a sticker but apparently the club wont send them out unless he bacame a member..I think it would be a good idea to offer our international toymodders say a $20 membership which is really just an overpriced sticker and obviously the access to the rest of the forum.

I think it would be great to see some of these members cars at shows overseas with toymods stickers on the back..It can only mean good things for the club.

thats my 2c

cheers
    Nath
    The problem with this is that out of the cost for a new member I think there is roughly $5 that goes to the club rather than being just for merch and insurance. Being overseas doesn't reduce any of those costs it just adds more to the cost because we have to send the merchandise internationally. We still have to have insurance for all financial members of the club whether they are local or not unfortunately.

Hide Yo Kids Hide Yo Wife Carport Converter hamgatan's Avatar

theres also another negative side to things as well.. even though im honestly pleased to see the expansion internationally of forum members, there is i guess an issue regarding the tech section of the forum. due to the fact that different cars are issued in different countries with different configurations, it may be a case of where someone might provide advice thats applicable for that car in that country, it may not be the right advice for someone else in another country.. does this make sense?

i see confusion like this quite a bit on MR2 Owners Club where international audiences mean a lot more conflicting views on whats the right technical point of advice..?
    B7 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin' My Pimp Hand Strong
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and Unmolested!
    JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + LSD | Black Knight Still being Assembled
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V 1JZ-GTE + A340E | 270rwhp
    Z20Soarer.Org - The definitive resource for all xZ20 Owners.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

I'm from the USA, and to tell you the truth, I have learned so much just reading through Toymods. I am currently rebuilding my TE37, also have an RA29(28) and most of my parts come from Australia (Rarespares, Sleekaspares, SWMotorsports) and Thailand. I have bought parts from Ace and Normo, sent him a GT grille as well. I guess what I'm getting at is, for the most part, US enthusiasts tend to make their car as JDM as possible, since it is next to impossible to get parts from Japan and most of the parts that we need are still available there in Australia, we are only too happy to ask/get parts from you. I am also keen on helping out fellow enthusiasts in looking for parts as I am a pick your part junkyard whore. I myself would pay the club membership as sign of my appreciation. my .02c.

Ryan

CROSSPLANE CRANK! Domestic Engineer Merudo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshstix
    The problem with this is that out of the cost for a new member I think there is roughly $5 that goes to the club rather than being just for merch and insurance. Being overseas doesn't reduce any of those costs it just adds more to the cost because we have to send the merchandise internationally. We still have to have insurance for all financial members of the club whether they are local or not unfortunately.
    Perhaps overseas members could make a "donation" to toymods, and receive a complementary sticker for their troubles, therefore still rendering them only forum members, and not club members, of Toymods?

Just an idea, nothing more...

Cheers
    James

I <3 Vito Conversion King RiceburnaGTV's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hamgatan
    theres also another negative side to things as well.. even though im honestly pleased to see the expansion internationally of forum members, there is i guess an issue regarding the tech section of the forum. due to the fact that different cars are issued in different countries with different configurations, it may be a case of where someone might provide advice thats applicable for that car in that country, it may not be the right advice for someone else in another country.. does this make sense?

i see confusion like this quite a bit on MR2 Owners Club where international audiences mean a lot more conflicting views on whats the right technical point of advice..?
    Meh,im yet to see this being a problem..You dont survive on here long if the information you give isnt informative or accurate...

Joshstix,I see what your saying,maybe if we only let international members avoid having to sign up to get a sticker and allow them to just purchase them.Inflate the cost so it is made aware is isnt just an expensive sticker but a contribution to the club.Maybe 20 bucks inc shipping??I really cant see people in Aus trying to avoid the 50 bucks membership to get a free sticker by organising to have it sent overseas

I guess the main reason I am bringing this up is I believe Toymods can benefit alot more from having broader international exposure,not only on a technical perspective but as mentioned above, contacts and more access to parts.

cheers
    Nath
    -Just Alloy Radiators-
    www.alloyradiators.com.au

Toyota Farmer Grease Monkey Yotaholic's Avatar

Hi
    I just wanted to say awesome site and thanks for letting the rest of the world be apart of it. I'm from Newfoundland Canada and have been foolin with Toyotas for years and now i'm doing a 1j swap in my 82 MKII . I've spent hours reading through the best jdm tech info on the planet and I give you guys 2 thumbs wayy up for showin the rest of us how it's done . I realize it's hard to join a car club thats half way around the world but I would be more than happy to make a contribution in any way I can.
    Cheers
    Bruce

82 Ma61 1JZ/R154 HKS Twins
    94 JZA80 V160 S475R (sold)
    94 JZA80 V160 T51R KAI CDN. Spec

Hangaround member status is all fine to me. Stickers? Well, if i need some i buy them right?

All i have seen has been positive and i have to thank those few of you that have helped a fellow (forum)member to source some delicates we never got up north here.

As for the tecnical part, i think the drivetrain is biggest issue in difference AUS vs otherworld

Anyhow, keep it simple
    Old toys for old boys