Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 9th of November!!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 9th of November!!

Ah, so thats who the other people where lol

loves hi RPMS Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by whatthe? View Post
    About 3.30. We stayed up with the drift-bros who were trying to educate us on Toyota engines (I especially liked the claims of VVTi 1Js not being able to make any power)
    Lol, they are a special breed aren't they...
    Also one of the guys who went to the drift matsuri who they all know has a 500hp 1jz in his jzx90.
    N/A for life...

Shouldn't of bothered cleaning up the bottles..........

funny you should mention that..
    N/A for life...

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Told you we didnt get too much pizza
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Yeah that was an interesting night. The next morning wasn't completely awesome either.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Could certainly have been much worse though. Have you put the GoPro videos up yet?

Indeed. Nope, haven't started yet - figure they need a bit of editing before i start uploading... oh that's right, somehow my gopro came to be in picture inverted mode, so all my videos are upside down. Not the end of the world to fix, but i need to sit down and run them all through editing software, which will probably turn into trimming and converting. The F will be one of the earlier ones i'll do, just for you. Will get to it over the weekend.

Booked it in for the front pipes yet?

While i'm here, the other thing i was going to do was inform you all of the dates for next year - all fridays as usual;
    8th March
    10th May (only 2 month gap there)
    16th August
    8th November

So usual 3 month gap for most of them. The middle two dates actually got bumped around on friday - well they told us on friday that we'd been moved to make room for more important events. Nice.

While we're not really on the subject, did you two think it was pretty random that Phil, his missus and that other bloke came out and joined us at the fire?? I've only ever seen him out there telling people off about noise/fire/...? I remember thinking they must have been pretty smashed, but they didn't seem to be. Which probably says a lot about my state. Any idea what time that was? And were they really going to play golf the next day?? The LAST people i would've expected to play golf.
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

i dunno, i didnt think it was too weird. just came out to say g'day have a chat.

i reckon it would have been about 10ish, you were pretty well on your way when you two were "supervising" me changing the zorst gasket and seemed to have a bit of sway about you when you were talking to phil.
    N/A for life...

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

just made me even sadder to miss the trackday. i dont think ive ever seen garth properly drunk
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

I've been pretty drunk down there more than a few times, but this was up there. These days i'm usually so sleep deprived by friday night i struggle to get near midnight. I think in August i went to bed about 9:30?
    Toymods Club Member

Yeah, normally I'm the bad influence. This time it was Garth who was on the mission!

Phil did sound a little slurry, but then I've never really talked to him sober to draw a comparison

It's about the same. Maybe the eyes are a bit further open, but he doesn't talk any clearer - or faster.
    Toymods Club Member

Is Phil the same bloke who yelled at me for idling my car then started having a casual random chat?
    Spewing I didn't stay the night, got back to town late and figured you blokes had already eaten, gotten wasted and had an early one. Flat phone and no fuel didn't help

Get a rotor Grease Monkey ATMO_BT1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whatthe? View Post
    About 3.30. We stayed up with the drift-bros who were trying to educate us on Toyota engines (I especially liked the claims of VVTi 1Js not being able to make any power)
    Ease up fella, I was one of those drift-bros and I feel that we were more than receptive and polite to your boozed-up overbearing opinions regarding everything that night at the Sheep Station. At no point did I feel like I tried to educate you about anything that night and I'm sorry if you feel that way, I made the suggestion that I'd heard non VVTI 1JZs were more inclined to make big power due to the port sizing on VVTI 1Js.

I'm not an expert and didn't act like one, even indulging you guys by telling you that you knew more than I did about the matter, numerous times. I didn't try to push anything other than that I was really sure that VVTI 1Js have smaller ports, and then expressed my surprise that (whether it's right or wrong), you hadn't ever heard of people talking about non VVTIs making easier power when it comes to big setups.

Regardless, I found it pretty disappointing after spending a few hours on that couch that night trying my best to get along with you and your friend, that we should wake in the morning, wish you well and then discover that after we'd gone to bed you had crammed the exhausts of our cars with rubbish, old pizza and sticks from around the property. You can understand my disenchantment then that a couple of hours later that day when my brand new forged SR span bearings (Nissans are junk!), I would discover that you guys had gone as far as to remove the ramps from my trailer the night before and throw them into the grass back at the sheep station. Leaving me with a broken car and no way of getting it on the trailer. As someone with a car that you obviously enjoy and take care of, I was surprised at such a lack of respect for someone else's property.

I'm glad that you guys had a good day at the track and I enjoy meeting people with interests beyond my own, although I feel that your actions and attitudes reflect pretty poorly on your club. You won't read me anywhere on the internet laughing and gloating about how your friend tried to claim there was a 360rwhp naturally aspirated SR20 S14 that weighed 900kg flat at the track earlier that day. We all say silly things sometimes, life's too short to be a dick.

Sincerely,
    Jack