Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MR2 Trackday Challenge Jan 2013

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Default Re: MR2 Trackday Challenge Jan 2013

Yeah pretty keen, how fast do you anticipate to fill up slots?

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Yeah pretty keen, how fast do you anticipate to fill up slots?
    I wish I knew! It was only made available on Sunday so will have to wait and see.
    I have a feeling the Adubs will be in their element with the twisty hillclimb and special stage. Turbos will suffer in these events.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=57986
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.
    www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au
    Winton: 1.37.4/Wakefield: 1.08.1/Eastern Creek: 1.48

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

You should enter Nick, the old NA adub is pretty competitive against an equivalent NA Sdub. Especially around WP where the Sdubs are a bit more nervous on the limit with the quick changes of direction up the hill and out of the fish-hook.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Dunno what state my car is going to be in, want to get the ECU + ITB's done as well as having some track tyres.
    That being said, if everything goes well (re license shenanigans....) I'll have a new daily start of December so the above will get fast tracked in a matter of a week

B24 SW20, keep this thread updated numbers wise. If slots start to run out I'll take a punt and jump in, I've got more than 1 MR2 I can drive lol

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    Dunno what state my car is going to be in, want to get the ECU + ITB's done as well as having some track tyres.
    That being said, if everything goes well (re license shenanigans....) I'll have a new daily start of December so the above will get fast tracked in a matter of a week

B24 SW20, keep this thread updated numbers wise. If slots start to run out I'll take a punt and jump in, I've got more than 1 MR2 I can drive lol
    Is the license issue outside the trackday? You can purchase a license at the track for $50 if it is Trackday related.
    The first entry from Toymods is a Supra with 550hp! Will be interesting to see this thing working.
    Also received SW20 and a competitive AW11.
    There will be a entry list available on the website very soon. A newletter option will also be available for up to date information.

Thanks for your interest
    Hillclimb, Special stage, short circuit. long circuit. Four layouts, Five rounds over two days.

Junior Member Conversion King

Quote Originally Posted by B24 SW20 View Post
    The first entry from Toymods is a Supra with 550hp! Will be interesting to see this thing working.
    One can only wonder who's Supra that is!
    My adub isn't going to be completed even to bring it out for a show and shine, let alone track, but definitely will come along as a spectator.
    Autodub - 1987 AW11 G-Limited, Dark Blue Mica 4AGZE T-Top 4EAT

Quote Originally Posted by maj View Post
    One can only wonder who's Supra that is!
    My adub isn't going to be completed even to bring it out for a show and shine, let alone track, but definitely will come along as a spectator.
    Will find out soon enough! You will be welcome to join the photo shoot on the Monday night. We have access to the track from 6-8pm for photo's. Only walking pace allowed, but a great opportunity for shots at a track in spots you would not normally have the chance to take advantage of.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by B24 SW20 View Post
    Is the license issue outside the trackday? You can purchase a license at the track for $50 if it is Trackday related.
    RTA related

Got one of them AASA thingybobs so no issues there

Yes, they keep you on your toes!

Subscription to news updates is now available on the website www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au
    Im working on updates each few days to keep people in the loop with how its all coming along.
    Will also sort out the entries on the first page of the thread over the weekend. So far, there are 8 people coming along with most being sw20 and Adub's and a pretty serious Supra.
    Circuit Club have put their hand up to with some great offers but more on this in the hear future.
    Although its a MR2 day, it is open to other Toyota's so hoping to see the FT86, AE86,Celica, Supra crowd come along too.

There are 12 cars confirmed and paid at this stage with invites going out to other clubs. Hoping to have more come on board to make this a complete event.
    Here is a clip of the extended hillclimb
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-45a...fJD5zA&index=1

Another 3 cars have come on board this week. Looking for a few more entries over the next week or two.

1MZ > 2JZ Carport Converter knightrous's Avatar

Counting down the days! Still so much prep work to get done on the car!

I know the feeling!
    Spending all day tomorrow then off to Wakefield for another test to see if all the issues are sorted then open this puppy up to see what it can do. One of the NA owners will be there for a drive and maybe the 3.5 V6 SW20 race car will be back for another run. Says he has a oil leak so will have to wait and see.
    One of the guys now has 250hp which is great to see. Two of the quick Victorians are coming up ready to take it to eveyone. One went all out and fitted a full FIA cage, new ohlins with the other unit has brand new sticky tyres on a already quick AW11. One of the MRS's is coming with possibly another with a caged 2ZZ six speed. Have to wait and see if this makes it. Depends on the xmas break and what he can get completed.
    The other quick SW20 race car had a engine failure so he has a Celica GT4 for a backup plan. Nice backup plan!
    Doesnt matter if the numbers are low as we will have a blast. 9 till 6pm,two days, four circuits, garages, accomodation and a bbq for $390. What more do you want?

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

a completed adub would be nice but alas my clutch and other associated bits wont arrive till late jan...
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta