Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyotafest 2012 - Sunday 30 September

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: Toyotafest 2012 - Sunday 30 September

i think dneg was making a funny, warehouse_XIII
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

My shitty iphone pics

Gearing up for the morning run

Show in full swing

1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by trdee View Post
    i think dneg was making a funny, warehouse_XIII
    Yeah I know
    I lost count of the amount of times I told him that they were all toyotas and not Ferrari/Porsche/Lotus/Holden/Ford etc etc (he watches too much top gear lol)

Some of the toymods board cars (including my two AW11s)

Awards

Shenanigans

Cant wait till next year!

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

WTF is with his eyes? Is he possessed or something?

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia JoJo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    I know the feeling, a little kid called my car a Ferrari. What a ****!
    But seriously, you cant please everyone. What was your car btw?
    Mine is the red SR20DET Sprinter......

Sure, It's not a Toyota engine, but my car will out preform most cars there, and people still knock it???????
    Last edited by JoJo; 02-10-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    I couldn't help but to over hear all the haters hating my car....... Alot of negitive comments throughout the day... Tough crowd!!!!
    I guess some Toyota fans are purists, who cant accept anything differant...... Shame really......
    meh /....... can't see why you'd give a sh1t, unless you bought an SR20 AE86 just to impress other people? Which I'm sure you didn't . I bet nobody complains about it at the track!

Even the toughest and most meticulously prepared cars cop criticism....... its just the way of the world unfortunately hey, opinions are like assholes, everybody has one, and they are all full of shit

Stitty: What's the back-story to your Fonzy pose? LOL
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia JoJo's Avatar

I dont care at all Phil, it just annoys me that Toyota enthusiests can bag out others cars at such an event.....
    One of them was actually funny, and couldn't help but laugh. This father and his young boy walked up and stuck their heads in the engine bay and the father said to his son "Nah, this one is just a stock ADM". And within a second, they moved on with literally just a split second glimse at the engine bay.... FATHER OF THE YEAR!

Anyway, I still really enjoyed the day of course, lets not put a sour taste in this thread and leave it at that......
    Last edited by JoJo; 03-10-2012 at 03:39 AM.
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by river View Post
    Hi,

WTF is with his eyes? Is he possessed or something?

seeyuzz
    river
    It's Stitty, of course he is possessed. The question you should be asking is "by what this time?".

The cars look awesome fellas, nice work all round!
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Duct Tape Solves All Conversion King ivandude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gold28 View Post
    I'm not a fan of sprinters but after seeing those that turned out for toyotafest I can certainly see the attraction. I didn't see one that I wouldn't be proud to own. You sprinter owners sure know how to build a car. Jojo, I'm not sure which one was yours but I wouldn't take stock in the remarks you heard. Build the car you want and stuff every one that doesn't like it.
    I agree with this. A great amount of quality detail and effort go into a lot of the AE86 owners scene, and it was great to see so many period correct and modified classic Toyota's. I never paid that much attention to em but this year I had a good look at them, I quite liked em more so than just all the internet AE86 photos that parade my Facebook walls.
    1982 Soarer MZ11 1JZ-GE VVTi build
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1981-1985 Z10 Soarer Owners International Group
    Former rides ~~ RA65 '85 Celica ~ MA61 '84 Supra ~ JZA80 '98 Aerotop ~ AE101 '92 Levin Toyo4life

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    I dont care at all Phil, it just annoys me that Toyota enthusiests can bag out others cars at such an event.....
    One of them was actually funny, and couldn't help but laugh. This father and his young boy walked up and stuck their heads in the engine bay and the father said to his son "Nah, this one is just a stock ADM". And within a second, they moved on with literally just a split second glimse at the engine bay.... FATHER OF THE YEAR!

Anyway, I still really enjoyed the day of course, lets not put a sour taste in this thread and leave it at that......
    Ha, Ha, I think that was me and my Nephew really SORRY, I didn't mean to offend! I was actually looking for original Jap under bonnet decals that's why I was so quick. I liked your car and checked it out earlier in the day. I had the white AE82 FX-GT and trust me I've coped more shit than most over the years mainly due to it being a FWD and why didn't you get an AE86 cause its RWD ect I even got abused at the Allstars show a few weeks ago for having Rota wheels on my car. But at the end of the day as long as your happy who really gives a rats! overall I reckon all the cars there were brilliant and it was good to see such a great turnout. A huge thanks goes out to the Toymods guys and for making me feel so welcome! Can I still keep the father of the year award?

Here's a link to the pics I took on the day.
    http://s200.photobucket.com/albums/a...cpZZ1QQtppZZ16
    Last edited by gattfxgt; 03-10-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Toymods Board Member Chief Engine Builder Hiro's Avatar

Bagging out Nissans is just part and parcel of being a Toyota owner....most of it is in jest though.
    AE102 - Charlene the Old Faithful, Reborn
    JZZ30 - Lexi the Spacecruiser, 1JZGTE>>3SGE. 200rwkw, hunting Skylines and n00bs in SS Commodores
    ST162 - Charlie the non-ghey Celica, 3SGE>>4AGE. GOOOOOOOONE
    AE82 - Rosie the Bitsa from Hell, 70.8kw atw. Has been converted into garage space and money at last
    KE55 - Billie the Beast, sadly missed

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
    Bagging out Nissans is just part and parcel of being a Toyota owner....most of it is in jest though.
    this. Don't take it too much to heart For what it's worth I thought the SR20 sprinter was fantastic! Matter of fact, all of the AE86's that came along were top notch, good to see a few turn up as it seems they've been sorely lacking from the last few shows
    MA61 + 5M-E POWAZ: sold :'( | MX73 + 5M-GE: asploded. RIP :'( | MA61 + 2JZ-GE: 80's radness with 90's power/reliability/economy
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    these wheels are so jap I even want to kill a whale. For strictly scientifical purpose, of course.

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

God dam photo blockage at work I can't see the pics of me.. Will comment later.

Don't stress JoJo

That was an awesome show and it was nice to need sunscreen for a change. Alot of awesome cars on display and I was pumped to get the wagon there in this build for the first time.

I was sitting back and enjoying all the 2J comments the mighty 7M was getting.. hehehe

Already looking forward to next year. I have stuff planned
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

The Aberrational Chief Engine Builder Andrew162's Avatar

At the carwash the night before the show, poor Stittmeister couldn't put the rag and the metal polish away. Glad you finally got it sorted on the day, and I hope no one got their grubby nubbies on that very lickable/likeable shiny engine bay.

Does part of the 'stuff' for next year include a paintjob?
    Clicky -> THEN: 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid
    Clicky -> NOW: 1985 ST162 Celica SX (Gen III 3S-GE) - Kitted & Resprayed

TRIKKE | Video