Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyotafest 2012 - Sunday 30 September

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Toyotafest 2012 - Sunday 30 September

Everyone knows who this is... Nathan's JZA80 glistened in the bright sunlight. Put the sunnies on the admire this engine bay.

If you see this angle at speed, you know you're in trouble.

This wasn't the only JZA80 however.

This JZA080 was certainly a surprise to my eyes. When looking around this silky black monster, there wasn't a moment I didn't feel my soul being sucked into the Twin T28 turbo intakes. Frightening & beautiful all at the same time.

And just incase the 850+rwhp at your disposal under the right foot isn't enough. When you finally decide to lift said foot from warp speed, the pedal to the left is the one you'd want in this situation. The 12, YES TWELVE POT, calipers, hiding behind HRE wheels, will have you wondering why your Central Retinal Artery & Optic Nerve have stretched instantaneously.
    JZX-83R
    MX83 Cressida AE92 Levin

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

This Gloss Black Widebody(!) A70 SUPRA made me a little weak at the knees. Really nice subtle mods.

Beautifully presented on Enkei wheels. Sexy.

Another eye cathing ride was the Boso style Crown. Pretty hard to miss with these skyscraping pipes!!

I'd love a Glanza as a daily.This would be my inspiration. Tough little hatch.

Parked outside the cordened area were a couple of intriguing Toyotas too.

JZX-83R
    MX83 Cressida AE92 Levin

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

JZA080 had the most incredible panel & paint finish...... to dare to do an aftermarket widebody kit, and jet black with no metallic, surely would show flaws...... or so you'd think. But I spent ages trying to find a defect, and couldn't! Not to mention an incredibly orange peel-free surface without so much as a spiderweb scratch anywhere.

Was this its debut or something? Looks far too perfect to have been regularly street-driven.

Great pics btw malbolgia
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Deadly Vehicular Assassin Automotive Encyclopaedia Impurist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ-Rolla View Post
    JZA080 had the most incredible panel & paint finish...... to dare to do an aftermarket widebody kit, and jet black with no metallic, surely would show flaws...... or so you'd think. But I spent ages trying to find a defect, and couldn't! Not to mention an incredibly orange peel-free surface without so much as a spiderweb scratch anywhere.

Was this its debut or something? Looks far too perfect to have been regularly street-driven.

Great pics btw malbolgia
    I don't think that car gets driven much, (I dunno if it's true but there was some talk on Sunday of it only having about 400km on it... I am a bit skeptical though) but if you have 5 or 6 hours free you can read about how it came to be rebuilt from the ground up a couple of years ago with entirely brand new parts, http://www.supraforums.com.au/forum/...ground-up.html

A few random things I remember from that thread: it was shipped over to the US to be built, it's got a 3.4L stroker engine in it, 750hp-ish on a US dyno, roberuta cup / lifter system that pneumatically adjusts the coilover height.

Toymods Net Nazi Too Much Toyota river's Avatar

Hi,

The88 only does about 300km per annum, if she's lucky. I see some of those cars at the show and they are so immaculate that I too wonder if those cars are ever driven. Not that it bothers me either way. There's a part of me that wants to "immaculise" the car.... yet another part of me just loves to drive it and therefore accepts the risks of road wear etc from normal usage.

seeyuzz
    river
    The thinking man's clown and the drinking woman's sex symbol
    RA25GT - There is no substitute | 18R-G - Toyota's Dependable Masterpiece
    Toymods Car Club Treasurer, assistant Historic Plate Registrar & Forums Admin

The Aberrational Chief Engine Builder Andrew162's Avatar

Right there with you river, except I still want mine to look and go the best that it can, but there's also the added burden of a 1500+km round trip to try and keep it the way it looks. It's like I'm doing another 6 month's worth of accumulated driving in one stint which, if something goes wrong, makes it hard on the upkeep. Part of me wants to live locally so I don't have that added risk but I wouldn't trade living here for Sydney life again. It's my only car and I don't have a backup. I still don't have mountains of money to throw at a car but I do bring it down when I can and wish I could do it more often.
    Clicky -> THEN: 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid
    Clicky -> NOW: 1985 ST162 Celica SX (Gen III 3S-GE) - Kitted & Resprayed

TRIKKE | Video

Duct Tape Solves All Conversion King ivandude's Avatar

Love that AE92(?) white Trueno in the car park shots.

Nice shots ^^
    1982 Soarer MZ11 1JZ-GE VVTi build
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1981-1985 Z10 Soarer Owners International Group
    Former rides ~~ RA65 '85 Celica ~ MA61 '84 Supra ~ JZA80 '98 Aerotop ~ AE101 '92 Levin Toyo4life

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia JoJo's Avatar

I couldn't help but to over hear all the haters hating my car....... Alot of negitive comments throughout the day... Tough crowd!!!!
    I guess some Toyota fans are purists, who cant accept anything differant...... Shame really......
    CURRENT CARS: AE86-SR20DET, MX22-2M, JZS147-2JZGTE, AE86-4AGE , AE71 Panelvan-4AGTE, Peugeot 504- XN1

80's stylin Domestic Engineer Sammich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno View Post
    Just wanted to say a big thanks for letting us enter the little wagon, despite being worse for wear from the trip (massive exhaust leak and a sticky IAC valve).

Every one was really inviting and the quality of the cars was amazing.

Kind regards,

Ryan and Christina
    massive props for making the drive down mate! Must admit I was a little confused when the little camry rocked up but when I saw the plates I was extremely impressed!

was a great day, everything went surprisingly smoothly and plenty of tasty rides to feast our eyes on thanks to everyone who came!
    MA61 + 5M-E POWAZ: sold :'( | MX73 + 5M-GE: asploded. RIP :'( | MA61 + 2JZ-GE: 80's radness with 90's power/reliability/economy
    Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    these wheels are so jap I even want to kill a whale. For strictly scientifical purpose, of course.

Duct Tape Solves All Conversion King ivandude's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    I couldn't help but to over hear all the haters hating my car...
    Hm yeah a lot of peeps are purists, but out of curiosity for those of us that don't know all your vehicles - which car was yours?

Cheers
    1982 Soarer MZ11 1JZ-GE VVTi build
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1981-1985 Z10 Soarer Owners International Group
    Former rides ~~ RA65 '85 Celica ~ MA61 '84 Supra ~ JZA80 '98 Aerotop ~ AE101 '92 Levin Toyo4life

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo View Post
    I couldn't help but to over hear all the haters hating my car....... Alot of negitive comments throughout the day... Tough crowd!!!!
    I guess some Toyota fans are purists, who cant accept anything differant...... Shame really......
    I know the feeling, a little kid called my car a Ferrari. What a ****!
    But seriously, you cant please everyone. What was your car btw?

Celica Pilot Conversion King Gold28's Avatar

I'm not a fan of sprinters but after seeing those that turned out for toyotafest I can certainly see the attraction. I didn't see one that I wouldn't be proud to own. You sprinter owners sure know how to build a car. Jojo, I'm not sure which one was yours but I wouldn't take stock in the remarks you heard. Build the car you want and stuff every one that doesn't like it.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Toy77's Avatar

yeah mate,

It always amazes me people who are rude enough to harass a car...
    I saw 2 young guys going over a dealer supplied (his personal car) new fj cruiser at the tecwa show last year. They were swearing heavily about how shit it was etc etc - with the guy and his family of young whildren sitting behind the car...

But dont take it to heart - i have spent more than most on mine - and there are plenty of things people dont like about it, namely the painted bumpers and the 17in rims - but they are 2 of the things i like best.

Chin up - and at least you had yours on display. People are rude, but the majority there probly appreciated your work...

Cheers
    Stew
    Aerodynamics are for people who can’t build engines. – Enzo Ferrari

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

for every one vocal ignorant fool that makes disparaging comments of a car at a show, there are ten who simply look at the engine bay, quietly appreciate all the work and effort involved in making the car what it is, and move on without saying a word.

remember that.
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dnegative View Post
    I know the feeling, a little kid called my car a Ferrari. What a ****!
    But seriously, you cant please everyone. What was your car btw?
    If yours is the one with the Porsche emblem on the steering wheel then that was my kid, considering he is only 5 i wouldn't go taking his critique to heart to much mate. Only cars he knows is holdens and is only just learning the difference between a ke30 and a ke55
    Personally I was impressed by everyone's cars out there in one way or another. Considering most seemed to be a daily driver or similar I thought they were all in great condition. Some immaculate Celicas and I was impressed to see the old Tiara there as well.
    Unfortunately it is those over critical fanatics that turn me off entering my own KE55 into these shows as much as I would love to.