Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help 2tgeu efi problems

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default help 2tgeu efi problems

hi im having problems fitting a efi back onto a 2tgeu I bort this motor and it had carbs on it and now im putting the efi back on it. It is flooding it. I think I need some smaller injectors or an after market ecu. a oxygen sensor and maybe an temp sensor. If any one can help me with parts or info that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by BEV051; 13-12-2005 at 09:45 PM.

Deal with the Frog Backyard Mechanic Cool1's Avatar

Default Re: help 2tgeu efi problems

Quote Originally Posted by BEV051
    hi im having problems fitting a efi back onto a 2tgeu I bort this motor and it had carbs on it and now im putting the efi back on it. It is flooding it. I think I need some smaller injectors or an after market ecu. a oxygen sensor and maybe an temp sensor. If any one can help me with parts or info that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Have you got the air flow meter connected up?

yep i have mate

My Wife says I have Too Much Toyota o_man_ra23's Avatar

did you cut the intake ports to allow for the injectors?? if not, the injectors will be squirting into a wall, and the fuel will dribble into your chambers, making it run rich.

Cheers, Owen
    Cheers, Owen
    1977 RA28 with 1JZ-GTE (Was 18R-GTE)
    Lancer EVO Brakes into old Celica/Corolla/Corona
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

what do you meen when u say cut the intake ports to allow for the injectors

Deal with the Frog Backyard Mechanic Cool1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    did you cut the intake ports to allow for the injectors?? if not, the injectors will be squirting into a wall, and the fuel will dribble into your chambers, making it run rich.

Cheers, Owen
    Why would he have to cut anything? He has a 2TGEU manifold and engine!

Cause the motor originally had carbs... easy to mistakenly call a 2TG a 2TGEU, and an 18RG an 18GEU(ive had about 10 or more ppl call my 88230 18RG an 18RGEU and one person call an 18RG a single cam, with an optional twin cam head available)

Cheers, Owen

hi im having problems fitting a efi back onto a 2tgeu I bort this motor and it had carbs on it
    Cheers, Owen
    Doing the things that aren't popular... cause being popular and being good are often distinctly different.

If you have a look at your intake manifold, it will have round holes with small elongations at the top where the injectors sit on the manifold. You need to make the ports on the head look like that.

Cheers, Owen

what do you meen when u say cut the intake ports to allow for the injectors
    Cheers, Owen

no it is a 2tgeu but the dude i got it off but dule side draft webbers on i dont know y but they where verey thersty

The webbers will give more power than the 2TGEU efi set, and are probably cheaper than a replacement ECU. What ECU are you running with your current setup?? If its aftermarket, what has it been mapped to?? Have you had the injectors cleaned and tested recently?? they can gum up a bit and stay slightly open when left to sit for a while, which will flood the motor. Theres quite a bit that can cause this in an EFI motor, and i think you need to look at what difference there is between the motor you have now, and the motor you had the EFI set on previously. If its the original ECU, then start looking at your sensors, especially any temperature sensor that feeds the motor. Also, the noise filter for your ignition, as noise can cause the ECU to falsly trigger and think the motor is running when it isnt.

Cheers, Owen.
    Cheers, Owen

well the 2tgeu is in my suzuki sierra (you can look at it at the site below) and when you read this u will see y. (manly when i go 4x4ing the carbs cut out going up hill from flooding or starving depends)

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.p...t=0#msg_805661

and it is all original and i have checked the injectors to see if there leeking and there not. but the injectors r out of a 3yec i think from the info i can find out about them from the nombers on them they r 41041 so if any one can conferm this that would be great.

but I dont know what it the injectors where set up on before you see I got all the wiring loom and ecu and sensors of one dude and the manifold and injectors of some one els cus I could not get it all of one dude. and the injectors may have been on a 2tgeu with an after market ecu i dont know.
    Last edited by BEV051; 16-12-2005 at 09:55 AM.

and when I say thirsty I mean it was getting 5 km a 1L and it i was under powered as well. I tryed tuning several it but could not get it right and i could not get any one to do it no body wonted to touch it. And when I did get it ok the first time I went 4x4ing it got knocked out of tune.

sounds like the carbs were out of balance, and needed to be riched severely to keep it running. You need a dual vacuum guage to balance the carbs, and then tune the mixture, then rebalance, and so on for ages. Finally did this with my car, and it started running great, till the electrics died. As for the use of other injectors, why was this done?? Were these injectors working properly before?? What fuel pressure is in the fuel rail?? Could the pressure regulator be blocked and building up too much pressure??

Just to get ya thinkin.

Cheers, Owen
    Cheers, Owen

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by o_man_ra23
    The webbers will give more power than the 2TGEU efi set, and are probably cheaper than a replacement ECU.
    Have you priced a pair of new Webers lately? Add to that the cost of new jets, tuning etc and I can't see it being cheaper than getting his existing EFI setup running.

Well the fuel pressure regulator is brand new and I cleaned out the whole rail and its got a fuel filter and the regulator Ive got has a built in gauge and iv dropped it to 15psi and is still doing the some thing

And as for getting new crabs it doesn’t fix the flooding thing when I go 4x4ing and get on an 70-degree angle.

And ive tried balance the carbs with dual vacuum gauge, which helped a bit but still was not great and as soon as I go 4x4ing they get knocked out again.

Thanks for your interest