Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: CCG supporters Cruise to the Snowy Mountains 1000 - 27th October - 7:30am

Old School Fanatic... Automotive Encyclopaedia jezz's Avatar

Default Re: CCG supporters Cruise to the Snowy Mountains 1000 - 27th October - 7:30am

So $10 entry fee per adult.
    Bottom line: Life's too short, drive something you love.
    Canberra Celica Group

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Default Re: CCG supporters Cruise to the Snowy Mountains 1000 - 27th October - 7:30am

Yeah I thought it was free also (since it really doesn't offer that much to the spectators) so was surprised when the show'n'shine confirmation email mentioned "free entry for show entrants".

Ten bucks aint the end of the world...... but who's pocket does it fill?
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

Just confirmed by Shannons, no flexibility on the showcar lockdown from 8:30am to 5:00pm.

I'll just go up as a spectator instead, and take off around 1-2pm

Cheers

I have to agree with you on that one Phil I doubt most of us will be there all day.

Still at least it means you can cruise up with the rest of us!
    Canberra Celica Group

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Each entrant can nominate 4 pit crew, two of which get free entry. If you want pit access and free entry get on someone's pit crew list
    Nissan Silvia S13- 1UZFE

I am sorry you guys seem to have an issue with a $10 Spectator entry fee. I guess it is a little better than the $15 spectator entry fee for the Temora event. There was also a $10 entry fe for the Show n Shine there as well. These events do not pay for themselves. Not sure "stingy carnt" is appropriate ether.

AS far as crew, they will need to be with the vehicle they are crewing for at scruitineering to sign their disclaimers

Building Corollas Chief Engine Builder Cuzzo's Avatar

Sponsership not quite covering the cost of the event?

I always wondered where my 1000's of dollars per year to shannons went without making any claims. I guess not here.
    KE30 4agte - Bullet - Rick Rolled
    UZX83 1UZ W58- Cruiser - Tow Car - Fun Car
    Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    You had an oil and plastics engine bay fire, with flames that reached at least to the roof - of course shit got hot, it wasn't burning jiffy firelighters back there.

We will have some things at the event that a very expensive to hire, that should hopefully add to the spectator and entrants experience on the day

Sorry (Adam or Damo?) was not an attack at the organisers I just hadn't realised there was an entry fee.

Most of our CCG events are no cost type of thing so I need to advise people ahead of time.

I very much doubt the entry fee is going to keep people away.

Not long now!
    Canberra Celica Group

why should crew be there at scrute? Email disclaimer to all entrants, have crew print and sign disclaimer and give it to whoever is manning the gate whenever crew arrives. Easy done?
    Nissan Silvia S13- 1UZFE

Crew will have wristbands. Wristbands are being given out at Scrute

Temora entry covered spectators to have a look at the aviation museum - which was a good bonus! The museum had good facilities too.

Ten bucks ain't a deal breaker, but it's not immediately evident to those that see the saw the evident on social media and forums.

Spectators could never pay for an event like this, cause to be honest, it's shit boring to watch, the social catchup with likeminded enthusiasts is the drawcard.

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Im looking forward to it, but what are the chances of a 3pm or 4pm leave for the S'N'S? its a massive long day for just sitting around.
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

I'm out it seems I have run out of time to get everything sorted with the new engine swap. I could maybe just manage a quick and dirty install to get it running.....but do you want to try and run 300kph in a car you aren't 100% confident in? Not me
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Hi Adam, just confirming, are we allowed in the pits throughout the day to check out the entered cars, like at Temora?

Cheers