Thread: I need help on engine upgrade!!!

Junior Member Grease Monkey progkamol's Avatar

Smile I need help on engine upgrade!!!

Hi guys,

I have a done up AE82 twincam. It have a 4-AGE in it and the engine has been pretty much done up. Now its the time I feel I need some changes, but I wanted to keep the same car. What I have in mind is putting a 4-AGZE in and do it up again. However some one suggest I should get a 20V silver top. However, there have been rumours in USA that 20V is useless. The hard time for me is to decide between 4-AGZE or 20V. Would anyone suggest what should I put in?

What would be the price range for these engines? I could get a 4-AGZE from Toyota wreckers for 1k and 20V silver top for 1200.

What would I need to know about these engine upgrade and other stuff. i dont want to take all goodies out of my current engine due to I wanted to sell it as it is. I am asking for $700 for the 4-AGE with Piston, piston rod, cams, valve springs, cam gear, extractor all these are after market one. The complete engine with gearbox will be with the sales (had H/D clutch just 6 months old)

Please give me some comments coz this would be a big upgrade for me. I usually build up bits by bits but this time I wanted to one go done. If anyone would interested in getting the 4-AGE PM me plz. I'm in Perth

Thanks

Fuel Economy Warrior Carport Converter Vios-GT_07's Avatar

Default Re: I need help on engine upgrade!!!

it's been discussed many times before..

Basically

20V is good for hi-revs
    GZE is good for low-mid range power

20V is not as fast as u think it is, GZE is much faster and more useful hands down.. however it depends on your driving. My opinion, go the 20V it's something different. If you want instant speed, go the GZE..

not everything on the GE fits onto the 20V so yea better off selling it with the engine..

and if this is just a cheap way of selling your engine without rep.. u're barking up the wrong tree. u have PM anyway...

cheers mate
    Research has shown child in front seat causes accidents, accident in back seat causes child