Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 2AZFE into AE86

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

Default Re: 2AZFE into AE86

Quote Originally Posted by Cuts View Post
    Nutserts are such a fantastic thing.
    Till the nutserts spin!
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Quote Originally Posted by Cuts View Post
    Nutserts are such a fantastic thing.
    Till the nutserts spin!
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Hopefully get it running this summer. I have a lot going on. Moving out of my workshop, auctioning machinery, Christmas, wedding coming up in early January, then honeymoon and I still need to buy an ecu for it and have the tail shaft made. Once I liquidate some business assets I might treat myself to a nice e420d and look at tuning it. Andy Wyatt has a 1zz base map that has the correct triggering in it for the coils and the sensors already so I can just load that and adjust the tuning I hope and play with the vvti.

So we have had another go at wiring last Saturday, and hopefully this Saturday we can finish it off entirely.

I have ordered two helicoils to fix a seat belt thread and a gb cross member bolt hole that are rooted. I have drilled out about a half dozen bolts from the front end and underbody that were snapped off in place and re-tapped the holes. I also ran a tap through a fair few of the holes in the body that seemed clear just to be sure.

I cut a hole in the air control panel above the radiator to mount the clip for the bonnet pole. I also did a custom bend in it to make it sit nicely on the panel and miss the bolt.

Medicine man is having a mate of his knock up my idle air manifold and knock one more thing off my list.

I have been offered the chance to buy a hoist so I'm doing that as well. Will have a nice hoist to play with from hence forth. Should make painting under the car much more painless. I need to get my welder sorted now. Need gas and a three phase plug to connect to.

There's one thread missing from the headlight mounts that needs a welder to repair. Bit of a bummer as to why they might remove the captive nut altogether Ill never know.

Been shifting a lot of stuff out of the shed that I don't need. Got some good listings on ebay if anyone needs ae71 ke70 ra40 etc pieces. Would have advertised them here but I'm not senior enough to sell here for some reason. I don't make junk posts to get my count up.

I still need to find a few parts. I need the rubber slips that go over the fuel tank straps on a ke70 or ae71 or any similar cars. I also need a longer blue heater control cable to operate the tap. I have worked out that the temp probe is not going to clear the firewall so I will block off its hole and mount it in the pipe that takes the heated water from the motor to the radiator. Still behind the head but not exactly in it. Means I need an m12 x 1.25 bung fitted to the pipe. I think I want to learn to silver solder instead of paying zenith engineering a tonne of money for simple fixes. They do good work but charge a fortune.
    Last edited by LittleRedSpirit; 28-11-2014 at 09:42 AM.

loves hi RPMS Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    this is looking rad. will be awesome when its finished!
    N/A for life...

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedSpirit View Post
    Been shifting a lot of stuff out of the shed that I don't need. Got some good listings on ebay if anyone needs ae71 ke70 ra40 etc pieces. Would have advertised them here but I'm not senior enough to sell here for some reason. I don't make junk posts to get my count up.
    Hey mate,

Can't remember if classified restrictions on the forum is based on post-count or rep points, but I've +repp'd you for the awesome thread incase that helps you sell some parts of potential benefit to other community members.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Hey thanks for that.

I've ordered a few things I need, a remote oil sender line and t Piece, some rubber washers, a heater cable that I can customise to suit my setup.

The fuel system is buttoned up tight and installed. Just need to finish selling some crap to fund an ecu.

you need 100 posts before you can post in the classifieds, as well as have some rep. you are on 99 posts, so one more and you should be able to do ads

Hey cool, I actually noticed it let me post a couple of adds this morning.

Today I did a bit more. I carefully checked that the sump and oil pickup are in the right place and working together on the extended pickup without being too close or too far from the steel pan. Its perfect! About a 10 cent piece away at its closest. I also located the drain bung, and buffed through the paint on the sump ready for welding the nut inside for the drain bung. I was going to weld it myself but blew a tip on the shitty welder I was using and then couldn't find any more. I never got the welder working just so so I might look for someone with exquisite skills for this one.

Then when I went about as far as I could on that, I started putting the interior in. I located the shifter surround, and centre console. I had to use a ke70 console bracket as the ae86 one I never had. I just screwed it inside the console then double sided taped the thing down using the console to locate it exactly once the front of it was screwed in. Then I slipped off the console and the bracket was stuck to the tunnel so I just self tappered it there and there it shall stay. I then did the job of mounting the stereo head unit. A bit of a pain without the genuine brackets but nothing I couldnt sort in about 30 minutes. Then it was on to the gauges. I mounted the oil pressure and water temp gauges there below the stereo. I made my own bezel, which I will wrap in black vinyl to make it look as stock as possible. I drilled a third hole in it but now Im wondering why as I have only the two gauges. I have an hour meter but thats kinda pointless in this car as I only used it in my ke when I had no odometer to keep track of services.

Enjoy the pics. Its looking good IMO.

Heres where the sump drain is going. Didnt want it right underneath as it will hang down too far and catch something some day.

Shifter hole shown here with the slight bit of trimming I had to do on the plastic to make it fit. Im sure I have a mint shifter bezel here somewhere but fucked if I can find it.

Heres the little bezel I made

A bit more complete looking now

Oil pickup clearance, not bad for the first attempt at it with just a nit of bent reo bar as a template. Fucking arsed that one.

How it sits:

Stopped by MACs Mufflers on Pickering street and they spot welded the nut into my sump for me. Sump mod completed.

Stopped by MACs Mufflers on Pickering street and they spot welded the nut into my sump for me. Sump mod completed.