Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Reputation??

RIP Scott Kalitta Automotive Encyclopaedia Mr DOHC's Avatar

Default Re: Reputation??

if u had've mentioned that you would be taking ALL my rep pionts away, then i wouldnt have gotten up to start making my dinner and done as master told me.

am i the first for this to happen, and will u be doing it to all the ppl who have "XXXXXXX for sale, PM me" in their sig
    JZX83+ FMIC+ Twin 2.5" dumps to 3"+ FCD+ 2800rpm stallie+ 14psi - LSD - good tyres = 12.85 @105.58

The boobs are back

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

lock this thread.

this is no longer a discussion about the rep system on the forums.

Eldar.O.

Aerial Superpony Domestic Engineer SeptemberSquall's Avatar

Your sig doesn't make sense. Did you write that? It's more remenicent of your grammar than any admin's.

Hide Yo Kids Hide Yo Wife Carport Converter hamgatan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr DOHC
    if u had've mentioned that you would be taking ALL my rep pionts away, then i wouldnt have gotten up to start making my dinner and done as master told me.

am i the first for this to happen, and will u be doing it to all the ppl who have "XXXXXXX for sale, PM me" in their sig

this is childish.

i asked a legitimate, non-confrontational open question related to Reputation which is the purpose of this thread at lunchtime, and since then there has been 1 and a half pages of timewasting bullshit bickering and bantering. what admin is going to sift back through this thread to find good legitimate questions after reading the last two pages of bullshit..? hell i cant even be bothered reading through this thread after reading three pages of the same crappy whining. grow up and take your ranting to pm's.

mods - can you delete the crap from this thread so that the real content intended can be viewed? thanks

*end rant*
    B7 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin' My Pimp Hand Strong
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and Unmolested!
    JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + LSD | Black Knight Still being Assembled
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V 1JZ-GTE + A340E | 270rwhp
    Z20Soarer.Org - The definitive resource for all xZ20 Owners.

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SeptemberSquall
    Your sig doesn't make sense. Did you write that? It's more remenicent of your grammar than any admin's.
    i sure hope this isnt targeted at me.

Chris's word = the truth

Eldar.O.

Forum Member Domestic Engineer Nark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr DOHC
    I imagine that if they're warned and don't comply, then yes the same will happen to them.
    Last edited by Nark; 10-01-2006 at 10:27 PM. Reason: Broken tag
    Max
    NB8B MX-5 | Fulcrum-tuned Tein SS coilovers | Weldwell Engineering 4 point Rollbar | DBA 4000 slotted rotors | Goodridge braided lines
    MY11 Skoda Octavia RS wagon | 2x ISOFIX seats | Iggle Piggle's blanket | Some breast milk stains

Hide Yo Kids Hide Yo Wife Carport Converter hamgatan's Avatar

unfortunately there is always going to be one major flaw to the reputation system..

and that is the tossers that think this is a popularity contest and write retarded comments like this just because they got put in their place.

people with a serious lack of maturity that add negative reputation simply because they are a wookie, are detrimental to a a functional forum community.

im not even going to bother stooping as low as you by giving you negative rep in return. so grow up hey and stop being a tool.. you might get a little more respect that way.
    Last edited by hamgatan; 11-01-2006 at 01:44 AM.
    B7 2005.5 Audi A4 2.0TFSI Quattro Turbo Keepin' My Pimp Hand Strong
    GDB 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX Stock and Unmolested!
    JZZ20 1988 Soarer GT Twin Turbo
    1JZ-GTE + R154 + LSD | Black Knight Still being Assembled
    JZX90 1993 Mark II Tourer V 1JZ-GTE + A340E | 270rwhp
    Z20Soarer.Org - The definitive resource for all xZ20 Owners.

Deal with the Frog Backyard Mechanic Cool1's Avatar

LOL it was good of you to blank out the other reps that you probably didn't deserve!

Deal with the Frog Backyard Mechanic Cool1's Avatar

Its also good of you to be posting shit above and then bitching about it when someone gave you bad rep for it!
    I dont think you were to badly done by. Your lucky it wasn't an admin that gave you the bad rep!

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

hamgatan,

In reply to and earlier question that you posted in this thread about the number of times between you giving rep to one person, whiles yes is sucks if 1 person is doing good and deserves rep multiple times in a short space.
    What you have shown there as an example is how that could back fire. If you had decided to neg rep as pay back, all of a sudden 2 people would be dumping rep on anyone to neg rep the same person again.
    The number set at 15 is for the reason of if a few people get involved in neg reping as pay back they will in reality be able to do it once and once only per day. With any luck but the time the next day come around and "heat of the moment" feelings have passed and 1 point was lost. rather than 2 people -ve reping thems selves out of existance.

As far as that flaw you mention, once again I'll say that the rep system is new and not mature itself. in 12 months time when people who contribule well and regularly will (possibly) have rep points in the multiples of 100's 1 point from someone isn't really going to be skin off anyones nose.

ATM there are people trying to get to the magical 40 number to increase there access rights to the site, after that status is reached by people, posting for rep may become somthing that is given to those who actually deserve it.

Keep in mind there is a greater idea behind the reputation system, however currently it can't be seen as everyone is milling around the start point.
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Administrator 1st year Apprentice

This thread is done.

If people have legitimate questions to ask about reputation rather than just wanting to bitch and moan feel free to open a new thread on the topic.