Thread: Manual Conversion - Anologue speedo cable - auto / manual same same ?

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Manual Conversion - Anologue speedo cable - auto / manual same same ?

done a few searches but cant get any accurate results.

got a MS65 crown that im putting a W50 in soon, car has the BW35 (auto 3spd) at the moment.
    the BW35 has the speedo cable on the LHS of the gearbox, whereas the W50 has it on the RHS of the box (box is from a RA40 celica)

should this cable be fine to use providing i protect it from the exhaust? (ie: will it screw into the side of the W50 ok ?)
    would i have to change the speedo cogs at all to suit the W50 ? or would the existing cog be fine?
    if i remove my speedo cable and find it fatigued/damaged, are there any australian suppliers that would be able to get these in?
    1974 Crown SE -- the "kandy" crown
    1971 Ford Capri GT -- 624rwhp at 25psi ... 1000kg race weight ... 4L with T51

For Sale: 6x 1000cc Rochester 2JZ top feed injectors ($600 ono) & JIC dampening adjustable coilovers JZA70 $800

Junior Member Domestic Engineer crowncustom's Avatar

Default Re: Manual Conversion - Anologue speedo cable - auto / manual same same ?

The cable will be fine to use.I doubt there would be any suppliers out there that would stock them.The cogs wont need changing.
    Cheers Brett.

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: Manual Conversion - Anologue speedo cable - auto / manual same same ?

thanks !
    1974 Crown SE -- the "kandy" crown
    1971 Ford Capri GT -- 624rwhp at 25psi ... 1000kg race weight ... 4L with T51

For Sale: 6x 1000cc Rochester 2JZ top feed injectors ($600 ono) & JIC dampening adjustable coilovers JZA70 $800