Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

Default Re: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

3uz wise, I think the 180kph limit is the only difference.

Tried fitting 2006 crown ecu to 2005 GS430 (both were with smart key), and the car ran as usually.

There's a number of pinouts though, depending on production year and model. JDM couterparts exist for most of them (the only exception I know is 2001ish GS430)
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Junior Member Grease Monkey

The owners handbook that was still in the glove box of mine (LS430) lists two security systems, smart key, and the" not so smart" system, I got the not so smart, only has 2 keys, master, that opens everything and secondary, that will only operate door and ignition for valet parking etc. Still should not work without key or transmitter.
    3UZ Porsche 928S
    30 year old supermodel, great ass, crazy eyes, erratic mood swings and more grunt than a hippo with haemorrhoids

In fact, even smart system has a not-so-smart subsystem as a backup feature. Currently, I'm inclined to think that the antenna+amplifier module, (one that's utilized to read chip stored inside ignition key), is combined with some correct chip and buried somewhere in the car. So it always sees the correct chip and would allow to start your car at any time.

I doubt the car has some immo bypass device as sourcing one in Australia would be tricky (these things are popular in Russia, Canada and maybe some other cold climate countries). I also doubt that its ECU has some sort of NO_IMMO program in it, I would rather believe it has a special sort of ECU sourced from a parallel world / alien spaceship / whatever.

By the way in the car this topic is about, all the immo stuff (immo ECU, cip reader, the chip itself) is stored in the same box with engine ECU (one that's located in engine bay). Maybe it's like that in your car too: see if there're some other units in ECU box.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Hey George

I wired the 3uz into his Porsche afew years ago and I wired up the key reader that came from the front cut
    There is no other wiring except that to run the engine from the Lexus

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Hey a bit if a daft question but what sort of voltage/signal should the VVTi solenoid see and how do I go about measuring it? Trying to get my Autronic to talk to the solenoid but all I get is 0.25V?
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

JustenGT8 the question is way unrelated, you'd better start your own thread. Autoshop101 has nice explanation. In short, VVT solenoid sees pulsed signal , with constantly varying duty factor
    dumbass, so you wired this exact car we're talking about? Are you saying you ran chip key reader at the ignition barrel so it always picks up the very key that's used to start the car? And that you didn't just stick some chip to the antenna for it to always see the right one?

Ah no worries, just figured yourself or dumbass would know off the top of your heads

Thanks for the auto shop tip
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Ah doublepostenswitzen
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

I wired the antenna amplifier reader right near the ecu and just sat the key in the reader

the car cranks using the Porsche ignition barrel and key

the only explaination is maybe the ecu is an early tupe with no immobiliser just like the first 1uz vvti
    but the wiring in the lexus was to suit a car with immobiliser
    they just ran the same wiring in all cars but different ecus depending on where it was sold
    or maybe the ecu has been changed

hey Justin
    find a car yard that has a 3ux or 1uzvvti car for rent or for sale
    rent it for a day take it for an hour road test then pull over and do some testing
    have u got an oscilloscope

hook up and oscilloscope and get your iphone and video the signals then maybe someone on here can explain it
    not many ecus can do vvti perfectly

dumbass, the p/n labeled on ECU says it's for Europe market. I think back in 2001 it was impossible to sell to Europe something that has no immobilizer. They're just crazy with emissions, security and everything. That's why I guess it's immobilized

I know a good and simple test that will tell fur sure whether the ECU is immobilized or not
    1. Reset ECU by pulling the battery temporarily. Then undo one of ECU's connectors, one that has the IMO/IMI lines.
    2. If the ECU does not really care of immo, the car would start , only the DBW throttle would not operate.
    3. If the car starts without the connector, open ECU case to confirm ECU has no add-on boards in it.

Triptek Enhanced Backyard Mechanic triptek's Avatar

So with the jap ucf30 3uzfe is it possible to purchase new immobilizer ecu / transponder amplifier and new key, then reprogram it through diagnostics or techstream. I'v used this method on 2grfe's from australian aurions.

Found a jap 3uz for a great price with ecu but no keys. If i can use the above method it would still be cheap even after buying new transponder and immo ecu from toyota
    1990 SW20 MR2 turbo Gen III 3S-GTE conversion, 3" exhaust = 264.9rwhp
    1985 JZA61 2JZ-GTE + TO4Z = 442.1rwhp @ 18psi
    1991 JZA70 Limited 2JZ-GTE vvti GTX30/76r
    1994 GZX90 Mark II 1GZ-FE V12
    1980 MA45 Undergoing Restoration

I can do the above with USED parts bought at yahoo auctions, the kit would be under $200 delivered to my door. Any ECU is supported, not only JDM. But for mate's projects I use bypass devices which are cheaper and readily available.

U cannot program used ecus with techstream
    U need a decent key programmer that can do it when all keys are missing
    Or u can program the on board chip
    Techstream is useless if u don't have the main master key

U need to buy a new ecu or virginise yr old ecu
    Or buy a bypass module and learn how to program it

I've got afew 1uzvvti keys and key readers which might work with a 3uz
    But they would need to be programmed

Let me consider for myself what I can actually do )

btw in non-smart-key 3uzs, as long as you figured out how to make immo ecu 'new'/virginized it, the engine would start without making engine/trans ecu 'new'