Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

yer its strange how we started it without key near reader

if Russ can test it without any key this will tell us

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

There was a key near reader. The only problem is Russ thinks it was not matched to the immo system as it was from a Camry. An I 've just explained how it can be possible
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

no
    everything came out of a 3uz front cut
    when it was all wired up we started it about 5 times
    one of the times we forgot to have the matched key in the keyreader
    once we realised this could be done we then tried another key from my camry to try to trick car and it still started

It's weird then if it started at least once without *any* key near the reader.
    On 1uz vvti's though the following trick is possible. You may tie KSW to E1 and then start the car with a proper key once. After that, no key is needed unless you disconnect the battery. I doubt that the trick is possible with a 3UZ, so it's indeed very interesting to see how disconnecting the battery works. But prior to that, I would double check that the car does start and run with no key at all.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301

Junior Member Grease Monkey

won't have time till next weekend,I'll take the battery off and take the key way out of possible signal range.
    George, the first time it started, caught us both by surprise, I was just turning over the engine so sideshow could test something else, I was standing outside the car, it fired up first kick, this was with the shifter in REVERSE, car started heading out the garage backwards, Sort of lucky I was close enough to turn the key off. (sideshows car parked across the road directly opposite)
    3UZ Porsche 928S
    30 year old supermodel, great ass, crazy eyes, erratic mood swings and more grunt than a hippo with haemorrhoids

Cool Re: First 3UZ-FE conversion maybe?

It gets weirder, took the battery off on Wednesday, this morning (Saturday)went to take the (lexus) key out of the car, I thought it was next to the key reader, Not there. checked in the house, found it where I usually keep keys Did not realize the.key has not been in the car since back last year when sideshow wired it.
    Since then, the car has been across town to an exhaust shop, battery off whiie they fabricated a system, started and bought back home.Sat in the garage for 4 months with battery off while I was trying to find a replacement fuel tank. started first kick when replacement tank was fitted.
    this morning, prior to re-connecting the battery, gave the Lexus key to wife as she was going to work 4 k's away in the city, -get the mofo so far away there would be NO WAY it could be involved in the start up!
    hooked up battery, fired up and ran first kick again.
    I took it a stage further and unplugged the key reader, turned it on, it started.
    So what goes on?
    Could this have something to do with it? The car was sold new in Singapore-(then owner transferred to New Zealand where it was hit in the back- front cut shipped to Australia.where I got it.)ECU is different to usual Japanese half cuts as it had a 260KPH speedo, so no 180kph speed cut out for starters
    Got all the documentation, log books etc when I bought it-everything! Service record even matched the kilometers on the speedo that was still in it 60K's-that must be a first in half-cut land!
    3UZ Porsche 928S
    30 year old supermodel, great ass, crazy eyes, erratic mood swings and more grunt than a hippo with haemorrhoids

hey Russ

unplug the little immobiliser box near the ecu and see if it still starts

This is the thingy (to use the technical term) that i unplugged, it starts and runs without it. Is there another bit? /and where do I find it?
    If this is of some help to you guys to get other cars running, I can test more bits,
    Looks like I got lucky with this one, whatever is "wrong" with it, I like!
    3UZ Porsche 928S

seems like they might have had all the wiring and parts for the immobiliser but the ecu might be programmed for non immobilised use

like some of the first 1uzvvti but ive read for some reason u cant use the program from non immob ecu to immob ecu on the 1uz vvti

I wonder if its the same on the 3uz
    I might have to read the chip on the ecu next time on down Russ

Do you want a pic of the part numbers on the ECU?
    When you get close, I need a wire run to pick up an idiot light for oil pressure.
    Also,I bought a $20 OBD2 reader (I only buy the real quality stuff) plugged it in , getting codes 0100 which the Chinlish code breaker says is air flow, I have a couple of vac hoses off at the moment, that the problem?
    the other number is 1651, -PSP switch according to Mr Fong, Power steer? I dont have lexus steer, using doctor Porsches set up.
    Russ
    3UZ Porsche 928S

yes the maf code might be due to the vac leaks
    or might need to be cleaned using electrical contact cleaner

im coming down in October so we can organise something then

psp switch like u said don't worry bout it

Would be great to know ECU's part number, and part numbers of all the boxes connected to it (those you can locate nearby).
    If it's early GS430 then the part shown in post #98 is the only immobilizer thing involved

Hi george,hope this helps you,
    I have looked at a couple of 3UZ ecu's that are on ebay, they have different numbers.
    Russ
    3UZ Porsche 928S

Thanks! It's for European LS430 ,2000-2003, no smart key. Interesting to see what dumbass finds in your car eventually, because I don't know immo bypass devices compatible with such an LS430 (there're ones for newer LS430's though)

Hi George, do you know of any differences between the different market engines? Japan usually restricted to 180KPH, but any other differences?
    injectors? compression? different emission controls?
    Russ
    3UZ Porsche 928S