Thread: Monthly Downshift Meets

Junior Member Grease Monkey MorgzMods's Avatar

Default Monthly Downshift Meets

I'm not exactly sure of the history of Downshift, other than it's mostly members of JDMST branching out.

They've held two meets recently, both at Rocklea Showgrounds. The last one was the 29th of April (yup, just missed it)

The turnout was about 700 cars, with the previous meet about the same. My guess is good weather would of seen upwards of 1k cars.

I'm not affiliated with Downshift in any way, but if there's people on toymods that aren't on facebook or any other forums to receive updates on when the next meets are i'm happy to keep this thread updated.

The downshift site is:
    http://www.downshiftaus.com/

Bit of a personal plug while i'm at it, i run two car blogs, one is purely for images i've taken (hence the watermarks as you will see) and the other is a celica appreciation blog. If you'd like to see some of the cars that make it to these meets, check the first one:
    mjtphotos.tumblr.com

Currently there is only photos of the one meet, so don't be afraid to click all the way through the pages to find the first post.

Celica blog is more a collection of images i like
    loveyourcelica.tumblr.com

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Default Re: Monthly Downshift Meets

i went to the march meet it was pretty huge but not my cup of tea i prefer to be driving than looking

Junior Member Grease Monkey MorgzMods's Avatar

Default Re: Monthly Downshift Meets

I would agree with you, but my dear RA40 isn't the best car for cruising. Atmosphere is sweet though, and a great place to organise people to cruise with as wel