Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1jz Bolt ons

wild 1st year Apprentice

Default 1jz Bolt ons

Hey everyone, i own a cressida with a 1j in it.

Im in 2 minds as to if i want to keep it or sell it. If i do keep it i plan to go the single turbo route BUT i really dont know what i would need for what i want.

I want around 240ish rwkw, give or take.

Now im thinking what is it i need.

Fuel pump + reg
    Turbo/mani/lines dump exhaust etc

I dont know if i need to go aftermarket managment or not, if i do what would people recommend?

What turbo do people think would suit my application

How will the standard injecters cope?

How close to fitting to intercooler kits for soarers go?

Thank you.

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

Default Re: 1jz Bolt ons

240rwkw can be done on standard turbos.

You'll need fuel pump/reg, custom dump pipes (I pelive petespipes does these), front mount, and either a cheapish standalone (microtech will do) or a piggyback. Std injectors will cope.

My 1j with upped boost, exhaust with standard dumps, front mount and microtech made ~220rwkw. the dumps along are good for another ~10-15rwkw. adjustable cam gears for another smidge if those last few kw are worth a few hundred $ to you.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

wild 1st year Apprentice

mm but i dont want to keep the standard turbos. For the price of custom dumps i would rather spend more and go single. And i have a feeling one of my turbos is on its way out!

Touching Automotive Encyclopaedia Aust162's Avatar

Hey Sherman, have a read through this thread on this 1jz single turbo cressida build up.

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22807
    *hearts* his 4age powered KE70 Panelvan!
    Hi, Im enthused about corollas..

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

There's any number of 1JZ upgrade kits available, ImportBitz often have them:

http://www.importbitz.com/turbo.htm

Or you could get yourself an eBay stainless manifold for $2-300 and bolt on any turbo of your choice - a GT30 of some description would work nicely.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

IM puttin out 240rwkw with stockies and a standard fuel system with only a Blitz Ecu. Have all other mods..

Single turbo route can get expensive..

My mate just bought a Bolt on Kit from GCG. Gt 30/37r Manifold with V band zorst, Tial 44mm wastegate + oil + water lines.. Cost him $3850 just for that.

Then cost in DUmp pipe and new intercooler pipe and intake pipe to match. Plus Fuel pump and engine management ( atm he running a Toms Ecu + safc2 with 440 injectors). Hes going to run the Greddy Emanage Ultimate.

ALl up, he's lookin at about $5,500-$6,000 by the time its all up and running.
    11.72 @ 116.7mph = Quickest Stock Turbo Jzz30 series Soarer And 1st into the 11's WOOOT!!!

Still going good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_7aRUGshw

Oh, He already has a 3 inch into twin exhaust, and a Hybrid FMIC..
    11.72 @ 116.7mph = Quickest Stock Turbo Jzz30 series Soarer And 1st into the 11's WOOOT!!!

Still going good

sir Grease Monkey

i am in the process of fitting a tube manifold and a gt 30/71r garrett on my old ijz at the moment. the exhaust housing looks a bit small but i should have a quick spooling ,responsive engine that i dont have to rev the date out of. so far i have only spent $1100 . the turbo was on a modified 2.5 subaru and made 260 rwk . a few more hours work and i,ll let you know what it work,s like. and chuck them twin,s to the shithouse they will only give you a headache. cheers bigwad

regular fella Conversion King chris davey's Avatar

You could even make that power with a GT28 type turbo. If your turbos are going, I would be looking for a GT3076R or if you want cheaper the hypergear tr44 orKKR 480 are similar but not BB.

Ebay mani, decent wastegate, oil lines, water lines, dump pipe, new cooler piping.

You will probably get away with stock injectors and ecu at about 15-16psi. Get a FCD or just a safc and some 440's if you need a smidge more fuel.

That is the cheapest way I could think of.
    roughe stimate

turbo 1000
    mani 250
    oil lines 200
    water lines 150
    wastegate 400
    dump pipe 250
    cooler piping 100
    safc 250
    440's 200

total $2800
    Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    that interior is so jap...just looking at it makes me want to kill a whale
    QUICKEST 1JZ'S IN OZ

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by big wad
    i am in the process of fitting a tube manifold and a gt 30/71r garrett on my old ijz at the moment. the exhaust housing looks a bit small but i should have a quick spooling ,responsive engine that i dont have to rev the date out of. so far i have only spent $1100 . the turbo was on a modified 2.5 subaru and made 260 rwk . a few more hours work and i,ll let you know what it work,s like. and chuck them twin,s to the shithouse they will only give you a headache. cheers bigwad
    ease up with the abusing of the standard twins.

they make bulk power, its just that most sets are clapped out by now by years of neglect.

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

double post for the suck.

Hehe, Yeah Twins are good. IM spanking alot of single turbo 1Jz's and some aftermarket twins so the stockies are goin pretty bloody good imo

Still going good

Junior Member Domestic Engineer BigWorm's Avatar

The standard 1J twins are fucken awesome! And unless you want 250+ reliable kW keep the standard twins for sure! They are hugely responsive, and with basic mods will make what you want better than (arguably) any custom single turbo setup.
    Decent management is always good to have, the only problem being if you want to keep the auto shifting like an auto, in which case piggyback action is required, which makes things a little harder but not impossible. Add 3.5" exhaust & FM'C and you'll be close to your goal, then twin dumps & cams would cement a power figure beyond what you require.

Saying that I've recently purchased for my 1J a single turbo manifold ($360 ebay), 650cc injectors ($550 greenline), 46mm wastegate ($120 USA), and Autronic SM4 ($1650 used).
    A brand new GT3076R is the turbo I'm looking at & goes for around $1700-1800. Fuel pump, exhaust & intercooler are also required but in most cases would already be fitted I imagine, but that stuff should come in well under $2000 for top quality stuff.
    The way I see in there's no point going to the trouble of doing a single turbo upgrade and aiming for between 250 & 300 rwkW. Keep the twins & be happy with 250 or do the single upgrade properly & make it capable of 300+, because while you don't have to use it all the time, you can gaurantee yourself there'll be time's when it'll really come in handy.

sir Grease Monkey

i didn,t say they didn,t make good power. its just that if 1 backfire causes 2 collapsed ceramic turbines i think just the fragileness of the ct 12,s is a great reason to turf them . you know its going to happen and probably more sooner than later. cheers bigwad

is a semi-motivated Domestic Engineer 1JZ~lux's Avatar

A bit of backfiring shouldn't have killed your turbos. Mine cop backfiring whenever I back off the gas too quick and they are still going strong, although the rear turbo makes some scraping noises sometimes and has done since about 3 months after getting the motor installed. Anyone got some good condition twins?

I last made 206KW @ 5650RPM the last time I was on the dyno and I've only done 3" exhaust (still standard y pipe), FMIC (only small to fit behind my grill but still very efficient), Bosch 044 fuel pump, HKS foam pod filter in a custom cool air box and 14psi.

The next thing is 440CC 2JZ injectors and a Turbosmart fuel regulator and a retune. I see a set of cam gears and cams and a y pipe coming in the future and I should be @ 250KW.
    It's kind of scary thinking of a Hilux with this kind of power.
    Petrol is for washing parts, alcohol's for drinking but NITRO IS FOR RACING!
    My pictures, Returning some time in the distant future.
    RN85 Hilux + 1JZ-GTE = 298.0HP @ 14PSI -- 60' 1.956 ET 13.775 MPH 99.49
    Project Korruption - Stage 1: The Resto. KE35 Corolla Hardtop daily driver