Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 22nd of June!!

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day - Friday 22nd of June!!

http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Yeah i like the one with Shane.

Edit: WTF!
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/43b8k0fus...6-12%20801.JPG

I first thought from the thumbnail it was spray from the turn 1 river crossing, but have we perhaps found our oil culprit?? Anyone find out where he was from? Wasn't one of mine.
    Last edited by -GT-; 26-06-2012 at 01:10 PM.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Toymods Events Secretary Too Much Toyota trdee's Avatar

i heard he blew a headgasket??? and that it was an evo with a broken gearbox that was the oil culprit. all secondhand info though..
    1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s cruiser
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Kelway View Post
    .....and the within first laps everything that made the AW11 great hit Rex as if the 'Gods of driving fun' had all Jizzed on his face.....
    Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8 View Post
    Mono blocs mate....as close to yours as a Ferrari is to a Fiesta

Well it's info, which is more than i had.
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

I reckon it could be a combination of both. To be fair I didn't even see that evo make it to the track ie it was parked before the first session Vito & I did when it was fully wet and at that stage grip was a little better.
    If in doubt power out

Chief Mentallurkist Grease Monkey

Hey, good to finaly meet a few on the day,
    I am uploading everything to dropbox, but is says it will still be 4 days...
    Will let you know when its all up.

Hack

(ps: Rona should look for the photos of his first outing in the Sil80)
    "Your car is a little metal death box, and whatever joy you may find on the road is strictly a function of your insane denial of that truth." My denial is indeed, INSANE

For all other times the Celsior of daily duties awaits!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

I think 53 & 54 are me behind the wheel, thankfully they are not photos of me going backwards. Can tell by my watch in the photos.
    If in doubt power out

Crazy Chief Engine Builder 1JZ-Rolla's Avatar

Yeah the AE71 was pissing coolant out of the sidepipe when it came to rest at the end of the straight, so I'd say that cloud behind it is mostly steam.
    AE71 Corolla 2 door window van - retired / JZA70 Supra - VVTi converted - sold

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

I wish I had the go-pro running when I had a premium seat for watching the JZA70 go for a play in the mud pit off the fish hook - looked pretty spectacular
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Can't help myself, rally driver from way back

And to think my only aim for the day was to stay on the black stuff, afraid of tearing the ass out of the underbody....... that lasted for 5 laps

Chief Mentallurkist Grease Monkey

Quote Originally Posted by -GT- View Post
    Nice pics Hack, cheers - and yes, the BMW is us too; owner wasn't able to make it but me and a mate made sure his car went round a few times without him...
    Ah, cool, I might delete the general ones of the exploded corolla and put some of the beemer up.

Quote Originally Posted by RONA View Post
    I think 53 & 54 are me behind the wheel, thankfully they are not photos of me going backwards. Can tell by my watch in the photos.
    Yep, thats what I mean, I have that in an entire sequence &

Due to the rain I pretty much sat in the car with the heater on till 11ish and mucked around with settings after reading up on panning shots.
    I am really happy with how sharp and clear most of the shots are considering, esp after how few good shots I got the first time I used the lens.

Hack

I also got a cold out of the day, but thats another story...
    "Your car is a little metal death box, and whatever joy you may find on the road is strictly a function of your insane denial of that truth." My denial is indeed, INSANE

For all other times the Celsior of daily duties awaits!

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Brendan's Avatar

Thanks for taking some great photos Hack.
    Wakefield Park: 1:13.5

slightly OT, but it seems some GoPro's can take a pretty decent hit and still work after all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0pT...layer_embedded

Junior Member Too Much Toyota dnegative's Avatar

Fucking awesome pics Hack

Thanks

So a mate did the superbike school at Eastern Creek over the weekend - after reading this i think it might be time for me to organise a day there and bring you lot along; interested? Don't expect it to be anywhere near as cheap at WP, but think of the reduced fuel and accommodation costs to offset it...

They were running the long circuit; so the entire track including the new sections. The extension is really technical – I think they’ve just tried to fit one too many corners in between turn 6 and 11. On the bike you’re just flip-flopping between one side and the other and it’s hard to keep a clean line all the way through and maintain speed. Your entry to turn 6 really determines how you exit turn 10. And then turn 11 is a downhill hairpin with an uphill exit which really washes some speed off. It was a lot of fun, but it still feels a bit like two different racetracks joined together.

It was good in the dry and a bit scary in the wet, especially through turns 4 and 5 which had streams of water coursing across the track. However, I actually loved it. It was a good opportunity to practise riding really smoothly and I managed to overtake everyone in the group, and lapped some people twice in one session (in about 7 laps)! Even managed to consistently have the arse hanging out through the exit of turn 5 which I wouldn’t have dreamed of doing previously. The instructor was saying that the low centre of gravity really helps the monsters when they start to move around and he was pushing as hard as he dared on his gixxer to stay with me through that section. Then he crashed in that section in the next session! Heaps of people went down which was a bit scary and one guy had to be taken off in an ambulance which was scarier still. Even I went into turn 15 way too hot on one of the last laps, drifted really wide on exit and ended up hitting the white line and having a massive tank slapper all the way down the straight halfway to turn 16. It would/should have scared the crap out of me but I was having way too much fun and had a 1098 to overtake 9 (got him around the outside on turn 18!). I reckon all that wet weather practice in go-karts was the key.
    Toymods Club Member